Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Greetings from spain

Marder75mm

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello from Spain,
well, sorry if I'm a little bit talkative, but I want you to know what kind of person I am, at least I think it is important if you want to share a game with me, just a few words... I'm 46 years old, I work as software developer, I love wargaming, I've allways been playing, I remember my first wargame on pc was Panzer General, but then I discovered Steel Panthers and I feel in love with all related with wargaming, I live in a small city, so when I was young (wait... I'm still young!), there weren't many places or people who were as much of a freak as I was, at least I had (and still I do) a friend who was like me, years before with internet everything became easier. What do I like?

books:
  1. Antony Beevor of course, Berlin, Stalingrad, Ardennes
  2. Max Hastings Vietnam, he wrote the bible of the Vietnam war!
  3. Hal Moore, We Were Soldiers Once...and Young, books from the soldier perspectives are great
  4. Chaim Herzog, Yom Kippur war, despite what is happening nowadays in Gaza (don't talk about politics please) Israel has always been fighting for surviving
  5. Ernst Junger, Storm of steel, great first world war book
  6. Herbert Werner, Iron coffins, submarine war, National Geographic has one the best documentary film about submarine wars I have ever seen, well, in fact the only one I have seen :)
  7. Peter Connolly, Greece and Rome at war
  8. I'm now reading Tigers in the mud from Otto Carius, I only read it because I've always liked books from the soldiers perspectives, but he isn't a writer and that shows.

table top games:
  1. Riders of the deep, u-boats of the great war, a great solo submarine wargame.
  2. Phantom Leader, another solo game about air war in Vietnam

films, my favorites of all time:
  1. Stalingrad, Joseph Vilsmaier, please, don't even try to name Enemy at the Gates (must be seen in german)
  2. Das boot, (must be seen in german)
  3. Band of brothers
  4. Kelly's Heroes, I don't know why, but I love that film.

pc games:
  1. steel panthers series.
  2. combat mission series, I own barbarrosa to berlin, final blitzkrieg and red thunder, looking for opponents!
  3. hps sims, market garden, smolensk
  4. wds, battles of the kursk southern flank, my last acquisition
  5. Fields of glory empires, always liked ancient wars

So that's it! I hope it hasn't been too boring.

1666532371057.png

Welcome. Enjoy a pint and have a look about. Please don't touch the Panzerfaust, it's not a toy!

Big welcome to the Club @Marder75mm The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog, who will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Welcome aboard @Marder75mm -- do you play the Field of Glory II games as well?
I now that you can now play Field of glory empires (really enjoyed it) with Field of glory 2, but I have never played that one, I have seen some tutorial videos and I own it on steam, but I've never tried it

Excelentes listas!
He leído muchos de los libros y estoy de acuerdo con todas las películas, Kelly's Heroes: clásica.
Habrá que buscar algunos de los juegos.

Gracias por enumerar todo y bienvenido al foro.

¡Salud!

BaTv6w2.png

Back