H2HH and Drop Box

It drops an icon on your desktop.... double clicking it shows this... all your files and current status... as you can see im waiting for a few tiles to return.

Capture-104.jpg

By clicking ont he file it opens the chat feature... meaning you can send a message with each turn.... I'd like it if my opps use this but they dont. Come on guys. :)

Capture1-3.jpg

I use it and it makes life much easier... I can spend more time watchin my pixeltruppen get destroyed on the field of battle...

I can't seem to get it working and GaJ isn't answering my questions on his site yet. GenLee got me going in the right direction, but even after editing my games, it isn't working properly.
1. It tells me it's my turn even when it's not.
2. I must upload & download all files manually

I cant get it to work either. When I want to add a game it says it cant find any. The only game installed (wich is not) is the demo

Bootie, look at my 2 notes under my post. Those are the probs Im having. I am using Dropbox as well.

Some people are still having problems, hopefully whats below will help.

To tell the H2Hhelper where your game is just click on the 'Installs' button at the top of the H2Hhelper, then 'Add install' and you will get a box called 'Installations Details Dialog' with 3 fields in it.
The 1st is the game name 'CMBN'.
The 2nd is the install directory with a browse button beside it. Click on the browse button and a window comes up. In that window find where your 'Combat Mission Battle for Normandy' folder is, and highlight it and then click 'OK'. That will have told your H2Hhelper where your CMBN is.
The 3rd is for 'Dropbox location' with a browse button, click on the browse button and locate your Dropbox folder and highlight it and then click 'OK'. Then click 'OK' to get out that 'Installations Details Dialog'.
You might have to also tell it which Dropbox shared folder to look in for each game. To do that highlight the battle e.g. 'JohnsyvsRT' then click on the 'Game' button at the top of the H2Hhelper, then click 'Edit Game' A box will come up called 'Games Details Dialog' with 3 fields in it.
The 1st is the 'Game Name' e.g. 'JohnsyvsRT'
The 2nd is the 'Game File Folder' with a browse button next to it. Click on the browse button and in the window that comes up find the shared dropbox folder that will be used by both people to exchange turns and highlight it e.g. 'Johnsy Vs RT' and click 'OK'.
Don't worry about the 3rd field you shouldn't need it. Click 'OK' to get out of the 'Game Details Dialog' box. All should work fine then.
Make sure you have the 'Tidy' and 'Auto update' ticked in the 'Options'.

I am using DB & H2HH in conjunction, and very pleased with the results. Using e-mail to handle files is much more time consuming and at times tedious. Now I had some troubles getting it set up initially, but with the help of my buddies here at FGM, I was able to work through the problems and now relish the ease with which it helps handle the files. I also love just looking at the status panel, and at a glance, seeing where I stand in every game I am playing where my opponent aalso uses them. I upgraded to 1.0 recently and now can even chat with my opponents.

:RpS_thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom