Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hello!

Spoogles

FGM Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm Ben from Toronto, Canada. I've been wargaming (tabletop and computer games) for the better part of 20 years -- Conflict and Genocide is my academic and professional field of study, so high-detail wargaming has been a long-time hobby of mine. I'm very new to FGM (albeit having lurked for quite some time), and am here looking for more H2H matches, as the few I've played through CM Discord communities have been great fun.

Looking forward to playing against you all!

Hi everyone,

I'm Ben from Toronto, Canada. I've been wargaming (tabletop and computer games) for the better part of 20 years -- Conflict and Genocide is my academic and professional field of study, so high-detail wargaming has been a long-time hobby of mine. I'm very new to FGM (albeit having lurked for quite some time), and am here looking for more H2H matches, as the few I've played through CM Discord communities have been great fun.

Hello Spoogles: Welcome to the group. I'm just down the road from you in London, ON. Hope you enjoy your time here. What wargames do you play? Pre-Covid we had an active miniatures gaming group and were just starting to get back together when omicron scuppered things. I computer wargame as well in a variety of areas but spend most of my time these days creating scenarios for CMBN.
Cheers,
Kandu

1620612498307.png

Welcome to the club! Please enjoy a doughnut and some coffee while you look about.

Hello Spoogles: Welcome to the group. I'm just down the road from you in London, ON. Hope you enjoy your time here. What wargames do you play? Pre-Covid we had an active miniatures gaming group and were just starting to get back together when omicron scuppered things. I computer wargame as well in a variety of areas but spend most of my time these days creating scenarios for CMBN.
Cheers,
Kandu

Which kind of miniature wargames do you play?

@Spoogles Welcome!

Big welcome to the Club @Spoogles The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

What wargames do you play?
Bolt Action, Flames of War, Great War, Storm Over Arnhem, Warhammer 40k, Spectre Operations, Trial of Strength are my regulars -- I played Afrika Korps and War in Europe about one time each, and was utterly bewildered by them haha

@Spoogles Welcome!
My minis collection: 800+ 15 mm Wars of the Roses, few dozen WWI Wings of War, 28 mm Gladiators. In development 300+ 15 mm Samurai. Club members have 7YW, ACW, various scales WWII, ACW naval, ancient naval, WWI naval, Tripods and Triplanes, Pig Stickler, one or two ancient DBA/DBM.

Recently played face to face ACW. Now face to face gaming is on hold again until we all get our booster shots. Most are playing on the web either on Roll20, Table Top Simulator or Vassal.

In my club the most played periods are Ancient, Napoleonic, War of Independences (American and Italian) and WWII, 15-20-28mm mostly.

I use Vassal for 2D wargames, wonderful!

Hi everyone,

Welcome. Belated..

Back