Hey Elton

P

PoorOldSpike

elton-jesus.jpg

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8523538.stm

Hey Elton, check it-

God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him... she shall be called 'woman" (Genesis 2:18-23)

"Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love.." (Ecc 9:9)

Jesus said-"..the Creator made them male and female, and said, 'a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh" (Matt 19:4)

I love crocodile rock. I sing it when I play with churchills.

: )

Cheers1

Leto

I always found most of his stuff crap because he's a lousy singer and you can't tell half the words, but this one was fairly alright-

so POS, where is you're wife?

And should we live by these quotations too?

Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Ephesians 5:22-24

Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property.
Leviticus 25:44-45

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.
Exodus 35:2

I could go on and on and on, but by that last one you have a biblical duty to kill bootie

My wife? Never had one mate; we holy men don't do 'wife', just look at all the monks over the centuries who choose to live quite happily without one.
Anyway the option is always there for anybody who wants a wife-
"Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion"- (1 Cor 7:8-9)
In other words as Noah might say-"whatever floats your boat"

As for your Leviticus quote about being allowed to buy "male and female slaves", that's from the Old Testament and was replaced by ones like this from the New T-
"We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers-" (1 Tim 1:9)

And again, your Exodus quote about not working on the Sabbath is from the Old T, but when Jesus came in the New T he trashed it by telling us not to be obsessed about it-
"If any of you has a sheep and it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will you not take hold of it and lift it out? How much more valuable is a man than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath....The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath" (Matt 12:11, Mark 2:27)

Finally, your Ephesians quote about women "submitting" to their hubs is in the New T and is simply good marriage guidance advice, nothing sinister about it..;)
I mean, suppose I had a wife and she told me to switch off "World's Wildest Police Videos" and put a soap on, she'd be straight out my front door on her butt!

Well straight away you've contradicted yourself lol.

"It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him... she shall be called 'woman" (Genesis 2:18-23)
"Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion"- (1 Cor 7:8-9)

And if the old testament was replaced by the new Testament why do you still quote the old Testament?

Besides, i don't take advice from people that can't even count

All flying insects that walk on all fours are to be detestable to you. There are, however, some winged creatures that walk on all fours that you may eat: those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground. Of these you may eat any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grasshopper.
Leviticus 11:20-22

There are no insects that have 4 legs ;)

I see no difference between Old Testament scripture and New testament scripture...

"All scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work." 2Tim 3:16,17

One has to keep in mind that the scripture was written for men of God, and this is most important when trying to interpret scripture.
Seeing you have a bible handy there Jonny look up 1 Cor. 2: 10-16, it is plain that only those that have the Holy Spirit can make interpretations of the Scripture.
It is always deeper then the black and white letters.

Back then they may have had only 4 legs but evolved into more leggedness over time. Perhaps a way of getting off the menu.

Back then they may have had only 4 legs but evolved into more leggedness over time. Perhaps a way of getting off the menu.

Not impossible for evolutionist to make that a possible story...look at the story of whales ...:rofl::pound:

Nope no bible here Numberz, its called the internet :) I have tried reading the bible, but i got a few pages into genesis and though why the hell am i reading a massive list of names.

Nope no bible here Numberz, its called the internet :) I have tried reading the bible, but i got a few pages into genesis and though why the hell am i reading a massive list of names.

well where ever you read it...the quote is basicly the same from 1 Corinthians.

Well straight away you've contradicted yourself lol....
.....And if the old testament was replaced by the new Testament why do you still quote the old Testament?....
I have tried reading the bible, but i got a few pages into genesis and though why the hell am i reading a massive list of names..

Firstly, for every verse in the bible, there's probably another that contradicts it, such as the Old T's "eye for an eye", but when Jesus arrived he completely trashed it. Yet there are other bits of the Old T that he didn't trash.
So we're presented with a list of options and preferences regarding which verses we choose to follow, think of it as a test or a game, with God sitting on the sidelines making notes of how we do, a bit like auditions for the X-factor.
The trick is to try to see the whole thing in balanced context, rather than short-sightedly concentrating on just a few verses.
"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life.." (James 1:12)

Think of Jesus as an athletics coach--- Ben Cross in Chariots of Fire sat sulking after being beaten in a race for the first time ever by a few feet.
Then up comes coach Ian Holm and says "I can give you another yard"..
The rest is history, under Holms expert coaching, Cross goes on to win an Olympic gold.
Likewise Jesus is the coach we all need to become winners-

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize" (1 Cor 9:24)

another-yard.jpg

As for reading the whole bible cover to cover, i haven't read a lot of the Old T myself because a lot of it is just plain boring and i much prefer the vibrant dynamic New T-
"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Pet 1:18 )
"Through Jesus we are saved,and not through Moses" (Acts 13:39)
"The covenant of Jesus is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6-13)
"Jesus is worthy of more honour than Moses" (Heb 3:3)
"We serve in the new way of the spirit,not in the old way of the written code" (Rom 7:6)
"The epistle of Christ,written not in stone,but in the heart" (2 Cor 3:3)
"The law was given by Moses,but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ" (John 1:17)
"The veil covers the old covenant,but is removed by Jesus" (2 Cor 3:12)
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30)

Sir Elton John says, "Jesus was super intelligent gay man."
Jesus replies, "There is no such thing."

Back
Top Bottom