HistWar : Les Grognards has been released

L

Lighthorse

HistWar : Les Grognards has been release with demo and full game. It's not cheap at around $68.00.
HistWar : Les Grognards» can be either played against the computer (solo), or Multi-player via LAN or Internet (TCP/IP) with up to 6 players divided into 2 sides with each player controlling either all or a part of an Army. Play by e-mail (PBEM) with 15 minute game sequences (turns) is also supported.
HistWar : Les Grognards» brings to life the pageantry, savagery and brilliance of the Napoleonic era like no other wargame before. From its innovative three tiered AI system, the overwhelming level of editing and customization, its unflinching depiction of period combat in gloriously detailed 3D brilliance, and it's wealth of historical knowledge and accuracy «HistWar : Les Grognards» is in every way the bleeding edge of Napoleonic combat simulation.
I'm downloading the demo and let you all know what I think later.

Lighthorse

This is an official screenshot from the web, it looks nice and at 68 USdollars (43 GBpounds) it needs to be..:)

les-grogs.gif

The demo is limited to a single action against the Austrians.
The price shall keep me from purchasing this game.
I had some difficulty figuring out the commands and which keys to used.
Its not the most friendly user game out there.
The reviews looked good for it, but again I'm decided against it...
If you're interested in the period...download the demo. You owe it to yourself.

Lighthorse

The demo works fine but I forgot to click the "English" language button and had to dabble with it in French.
I'm not a Napoleonics player but I daresay the game will sell well with all the Nap fans out there even though the graphics are not so hot.
Here are some screenshots I took in the Demo-

hweee.gif

hwcc.gif

hwddd.gif

hwaa.gif

hwbb.gif

The troops uniforms are first rate and awesome accuracy, being a Napoleonic miniature painter for years. Buy two copies of the game, send me one and Ill play you Spike by PBEM, all you British are so rich right. :")
Von Reich do you mean Empire Total War instead of europe total war? Because if you do, you should check out the darthmod for it...it totally improves the games by a thousand percent.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/darthmod-empire
Plus there a few more mods that add allot to most of the total war games, check out this website;
http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/10/19/10-essential-total-war-mods/

..Buy two copies of the game, send me one and Ill play you Spike by PBEM, all you British are so rich right. :)"

Sadly i've never been able to get into Napoleonic stuff mate because there aren't enough tanks in it.
And hey, you and Mrs Lighthorse own your own horses which must cost a bundle in upkeep, so if anybody's rolling in cash it's you not me..:)

I still prefer 'Age of Rifles' to be honest, though Histwar looks promising, however like others the price is extremely prohibitive! I played the demo and the method of giving orders seems very intuitive and easy to use.

And hey, you and Mrs Lighthorse own your own horses which must cost a bundle in upkeep, so if anybody's rolling in cash it's you not me..:)
Never a problem my friend....If I'm ever made it back to good old UK again, I'm looked you up and the first pint is on me...and maybe the second and third. LOL

Back
Top Bottom