Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Homegrown wargame...

Sorry @HOA_KSOP
Did not post it as a tease... just an idea I had for years, that's out dated now...

I been thinking over the years and have now decided to propose a homegrown wargame, using a map and setting up paths of communication, via messaging by e-Mail. The initial game if I can get enough volunteers together would be of a small scale and suited to cover an encounter during the American Civil War.

For the game to work, I believe you would need around nine players for the game. The game would be played over a game area of 5 miles. All players having access to their own copy of the same map.

The game would have an umpire (me), who would have overhaul command as to how the game proceeded and played out.
The first teams would comprise of a Major, who would issue orders via a courier to his three Captains. Each captain playing a separate role, one for the cavalry, one for the infantry, one for the artillery.
The major’s messaging would be sent to the umpire, depending on distance and time involved, the umpire would then send it on to the Captain (and visa-versa).
Each Infantry, and cavalry Captain would be allowed scouts, who report back to them as tasked (me again).

It would be down to the umpire to advise each player as to when an enemy would be visible, and down to that player to send out couriers to advise what he sees or not.
The encounters that follow would be played out using a simple tabletop set of combat rules.

The winner and loser both choosing who to honor or have shot for cowardness and treason.

At no time can any player communicate to another except via the umpire.
Well that’s a quick outline… Will put it together if we get enough players interested.

Back