Infantry in buildings bug....

• Thread starter The Fisher King
  • Start date
T

The Fisher King

This has happened to me for the second time now.

Infantry that I have placed in a building during the set-up phase will not move out of the building when ordered. I've tried every move option and they just sit there "spotting".

Bug or just bone idle troops?

The arc usually has no influence on a squad being able to move or not - works like it would with AFVs. I haven't come across this one yet - usually my troops inside buildings can be moved out of them. It is possible, though, that there's one specific building not working properly since this issue has popped up at BFC's as well. Could you check which building it is? Maybe we can conduct a couple of tests...

I could send you the game file to have a look at. All infantry in single storey buildings will not move, however my arty spotter in a second storey building moves out fine. The other time I have had the error occur was also in a single storey building.

Interesting. I'll keep an eye out - if it's a real bug, it'll get adressed and most likely already is reported. If not, I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Interesting. I'll keep an eye out - if it's a real bug, it'll get adressed and most likely already is reported. If not, I'll see if I can reproduce it.

Do you want me to e-mail you the save game file (it was against the AI) you can see for yourself?

Yes, please do. Let's see if the same happens with my game. And if it does maybe I can conduct a few tests with single-storey buildings.

Could it be possibly that those infantry are refusing to leave the building is a morale issue and not a bug?

That's what I'd like to find out. There ar so many things going in in this game that no one - not even BFC - really knows anymore why something happens because so many factors are involved. Which is why we need to test he crap out of everything in case something odd happens too regularly.

I don't think it's a morale issue as it's the first few turns and no real action, as well as it is affecting all units.

Here another thought...was there a door on the side of the building you wanted them too exited?
CMBN unlike CM1x need a door to enter/leave by and windows to shot/spot out of.

All buildings in question have doors, morale is okay.

No comes the fun part: Any unit outside refuses to enter those buildings as well. Seems to me as if the door is somehow blocked - if that is it. Will conduct more research.

Back
Top Bottom