Interesting modding facts

E

Earl of Grey

Since it has come to my attention that something already works in CMBN which I thought didn't (and which I subsequently told players wouldn't), I'll make it public for everyone. All of you fell free to add facts and snippets that you think are good to know for others - things you have found aren't covered in the manual or tutorials (I've already seen one about the construction of realistic-looking orchards) and what else you can think about.

Here's my first: Tanks can have MULTIPLE skins just like uniforms do. There we go - every vehicle can have as many skins as you can come up with and they'll all be shown in a random manner, just like uniforms. Now we only need more vehicle skins. :biggrin1:

Since it has come to my attention that something already works in CMBN which I thought didn't (and which I subsequently told players wouldn't), I'll make it public for everyone. All of you fell free to add facts and snippets that you think are good to know for others - things you have found aren't covered in the manual or tutorials (I've already seen one about the construction of realistic-looking orchards) and what else you can think about.

Here's my first: Tanks can have MULTIPLE skins just like uniforms do. There we go - every vehicle can have as many skins as you can come up with and they'll all be shown in a random manner, just like uniforms. Now we only need more vehicle skins. :biggrin1:

Here a stupid question, how does one mod a tank skin......for I would like to try to do the ambush color camo, that the germans used in late 44 and into 45.

Yeah thats pretty cool... will keep the game graphics fresh. So how do you install multiple skins?

Just number them accordingly - the Tiger mod that come out yesterday shows how to do it. Simply add a "2", "3" etc. to the filename and there you go.

Here a stupid question, how does one mod a tank skin......for I would like to try to do the ambush color camo, that the germans used in late 44 and into 45.

Not stupid at all, not stupid at all... Well, first you need a good template of the vehicle in question. Since Mikey's not released everything yet (and I haven't released the StuGs yet) you're stuck with either the stock textures or the few things that ARE already released (234, 222, Marder, Kübelwagen). And you need a halfway good painting program and some knowledge to use it. If you want to know more, contact me via PM - I#d rather not clutter this thread too much.

Modding Fact #2: If some mods don't work after the 1.01 update, simply remove the entire "z" folder and create a fresh one. After that the game should recognize all mods again.

And a little ADDENDUM to Fact #1: Although we have the possibility to add multiple skins for each vehicle, the mechanism behind it doesn't QUITE work as intended. If anyone's interested, I can provide screens.

Back
Top Bottom