Joint Combat Operations Virtual Environment - Free Game!

J

Jonny

I found this little gem, roadiemullet sent me a link for it.

Must say it looks pretty impressive, its basically Armed Assault but its been released by the ministry of defence and as such has just about every single piece of british equipment.

The missions that are included are a little sparse but no doubt people will make their own.

Not really got into it yet, will add more to this when ive got more into it

http://www.jcove-lite.co.uk/index.php?pageid=about_jcove

Yeah it's a fairly big file but on my 10mb connection i managed to download it in under 30 minutes.

BTW make sure you have an up to date version of DirectX9, i had a missing DLL when i first tried running it but an update to DirectX sorted it

I use DVD drive emulation software, namely Deamon tools, i think it's free to download just google it.

It basically is Armed Assault 1, some of the controls are a little different (the vehicle controls, ie moving about within the vehicle are a little more fiddly)

But its free to download so you might aswell find out for yourself ;)

No need for me to waste time downloading it mate, i'll take your word that it's basically like AA1.
I've got AA1 so I don't need JCO..:)

I downloaded it and gave it a go.

Dont waste your time POS. There is nothing there that cant be gained from installing a British forces patch.

I find the level of graphic work not as good as what is on offer from the AA1 community.

The missions are rather boring too.

I played one and as a Brit rifleman killed 20 insurgents who were attacking my base in Iraq.

Once they all died mission ended. Nothing special.

If you dont have Armed Assault by all means download it to see if you will like Armed Assault but for those who have it it is better. :)

What excites me about it is the fact that basically the whole british army OOB is on there, im guessing even the rather active AA community hasn't got round to doing half the stuff on there, as for graphics i can't really comment as my PC won't run either game to their full capacity.

Yeah the missions do suck a bit but people have made other ones, i might try and make a few of my own.

Back
Top Bottom