Jokes for Yorkshire Men....Ayup Lad's

Yorkshire man takes his cat to the vet.
Yorkshireman: "Ayup, lad, I need to talk to thee about me cat."
Vet: "Is it a tom?"
Yorkshireman: "Nay, I've browt it with us."

A Yorkshireman's dog dies and as it was a favourite pet he decides to have a gold statue made by a jeweller to remember the dog by.
Yorkshireman: "Can tha mek us a gold statue of yon dog?"
Jeweller: "Do you want it 18 carat?"
Yorkshireman: "No I want it chewin' a bone yer daft bugger!"

Bloke from Barnsley with a sore ******** asks chemist "Nah then lad, does tha sell arse cream?"
Chemist replies "Aye, magnum or cornetto?"

I would love to meet people with that different an english accent. There are quite a few differnent ones here in Ontario, Canada but not ones with that big of a difference. The other amazing thing is that your accents are in a small travel distance then here in Canada.

Yeah, the thing is the yorkshire accent varies depending on what city/town you are from lol

Eee by gum

I'm a huge fan of the James Herriot series and own the box set of several seasons of the show. For me trying to decipher the Yorkshire accent is half the fun of watching.

My family on my dad's side is from herriot country, my great grandfather owned a farm up there.

My family on my dad's side is from herriot country, my great grandfather owned a farm up there.

I grew up on a family farm here, I think that background is what initially drew me to Herriot's books. Only found the series a few years ago and became an instant fan. I'd love to travel to that part of England sometime.

If you do you can stay at my familly's old farm, it's been converted into a bed and breakfast.

Gally_Gap_Farm_-_geographorguk_-_18.jpg

Jonny great looking place...could use a few woods on the property.

By the way, it mentions a bus tour of rotherham (my home time) at the end of this one that will last 9 minutes, i think they'd struggle to make it last 9 seconds

Haha no my accent isn't that strong at all.

All my southern friends say i have a strong yorkshire accent but most people in rotherham would say im posh lol

Back
Top Bottom