Just to share a newbie's excitement!

G

gyeon_zl

Engaged this game one week ago,and was attracted right at the moment.First read the manualbook and practised the two tutorial campaign,then started my soldier career..vs AI,of course..

I've fought in the Courage and Fortitude campaign,and learned really much via the Combat Mission Tactics video series.The battle of break the bridge and fight just in front of Germen's face was just frustrating..I got 3 tans destroyed and 150 men KIA,while just 99 KIA in the video,and tanks keeped their whole shape,.I tried 5 times and no improvement.. fine,I will be back.

What I want to tell today is my 4th battle in Courage and Fortitude campaign.I tried 3 times,as you know..In the first time I separated my infantry to 3 direction,fisrt one plt with 2 machinegun team,1 engineer team and 1 FO hunt forward in the left flank,just besides the left side of the map;the second one plt and the other engineers with 2 machinegun team hunt forward in the right flank,while tanks keep their position for the early period of the battle,just for avoid the Germen's Anti'tank gun.In the middle direction is the other infantry and 1 machinegun team,hunt forward along the Avenue of Armor.

All things went well,until I captured the first two buildings,right in the center of the map.And I was satisfied with the process.My middle section troops use tanks and machineguns suppressed the enemy,and my left flank teams hit from their flank.The engineers blast through the hedgrow and break through their defense.The right flank teams called for support fire to suppress the enemy and assault them with minor casualty.

But the left process was just a tragedy.It was from here I tried 3 times..
In the first time,I concentrated all my force to the left flank,to avoid the mass of hedgrows and buildings in the right flank and the straight road in the middle which is too obvious to the enemy.But I got many casualty during the push through the left road,where the enemy placed several machineguns and Antitank gun.Without a good line of sight,my tank support is almost useless,while the artillery support took too much time to prepare and was also useless in the narrow terrain of hedgrows and buildings and turns.The result was that I ran out of the time before I capture the JumpPost,and I got a minor victory.More than 100 men died,and 3tanks destroyed.
In the 2nd time ,I noticed that if I blast through the hedgrows in the right flank ,I can push my tanks through and move to the road in the right,which its end is just at the side of map.So I left few infantry in the middle and put all my force in the right..And the result was just the same as my first try,even worse,because I got a tactical victory.

Before I start my 3rd attempt,I thought about my tactic for a long time.I mean about half an hour..Then I decided to seperate my force to two diretions,one with half my infantry,2tanks including HQtank,1FO and 2machineguns push in the middle,in the right flank was my remaining infantry,engineers,3machineguns and 3tanks.I pushed carefully,tank offered support fire before infantry push forward,and set a smoke screen in the middle straight road to cover my FO slow forward to call for artillery fire.In the right flank,tanks fire to possible positions of Germans,suppress them and infantry push forward.Machineguns deployed in the road to cover the infantry.The two direction push forward synchronously and keep the firing line in a same line.It was just like a converging attack,and it worked fantastic.I called for a heavy short artillery fire before my two direction forces forward to the joint point of the two roads.When my forces meet in the joint point ,I keeped seperated them into 2 direction and call for support fire to the far end of the left road.

This time,I capture the Jumppost,which is the objective,before I ran out of time,and I got a total victory!with only 23 men killed and 26 wounded,while no tanks destroyed!It's just a exciting time for me!!!Yeah!!!

I ve learn much through this battle and the battles before.Just as it says in the video,supporting fire must be offered and the fire superiority must be formed before the army push forward.When lose the superiority,stop to rebuild it.The key is to be patient,and anylise the map carefully.Make some smoke before push if we have to rush through a open terrain.If possible,attack the enemy's flank,fire to them from more than one direction,this will quien their crash,and keep my casuaty low.
Considering I am from China,my english is not very good..I am learning to write and speak..So if you get confused by my words,tell me ,I will explain..thx very much~~~

Capture-8_zpsc5a64084.jpg

Hi Gyeon_zl and welcome to the club, did you take a snap shot of your computure screen with a camera ?

I ask because the flash reflection obscures the detail. Here's a helpful tip, press the 'print screen' button and open your photo-shop/gimp program and paste your screenie into the new picture.
If you don't have gimp it's free here: http://www.gimp.org/
If you have any questions please feel free to ask. :)

I have yet to play the campaign you mentioned, my first campaign was 'Devils Descent', small unit actions perfect for the new comer.

Yes I have tried to use the PrtSc button to get a screenshot,but when I pasted to my photoshop,what I got was a total black picture..seems that PrtSc was not working..so I had to tack a photo with my phone..Anyone knows why?

Ni hao ma!
Please go to this link and give us an intro...http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/introductions.177/
And if you enjoyed the game against the AI, wait until you play against your mates.
I will post a intro soon.Being a newguy of this game,I am afraid of being punched down and feeling too frustrated to move on fighting if played against you veterans...so I will fight against AI for couple of days and try to learn more tactics before taking part in a "real person PK"...;)

Yes I have tried to use the PrtSc button to get a snapshot,but when I paste to my photoshop,what I get was a total black picture..seems that PrtSc is not working..so I had to tack a photo with my phone..Anyone knows why?

I've had this problem with some computers. I think it has to do with the video driver. Therefore, a separate screen shot utility is helpful (it also saves it to a file for you automatically). I recommend Fraps (www.fraps.com). It's free for what you want to do: create screen shots.

download freeware version of fraps... it works great for screenshots... and the free version will let you take 30 sec videos

Sent via Tapatalk 2

Thank all of you~!I'll try the free version of fraps.Seems it's time to upgrade my video card..

Back
Top Bottom