Ladder chat... the future?

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
I got my family visiting from Northern Ireland today and whilst Im running about cleaning Ive been thinking about the ladder system we have in place here. Are you guys happy with it. We do owe Zaraza a great deal of thanks for getting an auto one up and running but I dont know... I cant quite put my finger on it but improvements can be made.

A few things that niggle me.

* The ladder is hosted on another server and I have no input into it. By that I mean Im not able to assist folk who report games wrong etc.

* Old members who have been kicked are still on the ladder.

* The reporting the Allied result seems strange to me. It may be the way Z has the database query but it should be the reporting players result that goes in or else have 2 drop downs for the Axis and Allied result.

* We also have a CS ladder. If I had the code on the site and was easily able to implement it it would make the inclusion of new ladders easier.

I dont know how we are going to fix these things. In truth its all down to Zaraza and the time he can commit. Short of giving him a cash incentive to build a ladder I think we are going to be stuck with the current format.

What do you guys think about the auto ladder we have at present?

All input welcome.

I agree with hedgehog's thoughts. The effort and time required to complete a long game shouldn't be to the detriment of the players involved. The longer games, in most cases, require much more tactical thinking and since there are some great scenarios that are quite long, these are not being played and experienced by a lot of players looking to climb the ladder by hook or by crook. If some incentive was in place to engage in these big games, these players would probably get more out of the game and the club in general. Does that make sense?

I agree with the points risen from the other members but i think that till we have a new ladder ready to be launched ,we should keep the current one.
It is simple ,automated and the majority of the members which are active in CM are using it.
It would be a step backwards IMO to have this ladder removed before we have the new one ready.

My only gripe with the FGM ladder is that if somebody builds up a big lead in the first couple of months of the season he can never be caught, and the ladder then goes dead and boring for the remaining 4 months because everybody else has nothing to play for..

But POS, would'nt that be slightly levelled out if the longer games (45+) where rewarded more?

lol then again, Cargols probably got a ton of them going as well :p

Back
Top Bottom