Look out Australia

Julia Gillard has been sworn in as Australia's first female prime minister after a surprise leadership vote in the ruling Labor Party ousted Kevin Rudd.

Will that do the Aussie's any good, I got a feeling they might just not get on to well with that setup, I would bereally curious on that one.......I wasn't a great fan of Maggie Thatcher, in fact I think she did a lot of harm to the UK, that's my opinion

Yeah, no worries mate. She's got a good head on her shoulders and can go toe-to-toe with the best of them! :thumb:

...I wasn't a great fan of Maggie Thatcher, in fact I think she did a lot of harm to the UK, that's my opinion

Almost as much harm as Labour governments have done over the years..;)
But Tory Maggie was sometimes too stubborn for her own good, for example when the Argies invaded the Falklands she went ballistic with rage, saying "What kind of people do they think we are?", and immediately sent an all-Brit Task Force to evict them, and it cost 250 Brit lives.
Later, the then US Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger said "As Britain's NATO ally we would have sent a carrier to help if she'd asked us".
No doubt Mags wanted to keep it an all-Brit show, the silly c*w..;)
And during the campaign, she continually pressured the Brit brass to get things moving instead of leaving them alone and many didn't like it.
However i'll give her credit for giving the order to one of our subs to sink the Belgrano which was sailing to kill our boys.

Mags
MaggieT.jpg

Back
Top Bottom