Looking for a PBEM opponent

I play again you, Whako.
Have dropbox and H2H
Human purchase or random. either works for me.
QB or scenario...
my email address is lighthorsefgm at yahoo dot com.

Lighthorse

Welcome aboard Whacko! You might want to edit your e-mail address in this post to avoid a Bot picking it up from the forum. If you do it as LightHorse did, the Bots don't read it as an e-mail addy.
Do you use DropBox & H2HH?

Welcome Whacko! Post an intro of yourself in the introdution section so we know more of the player behind the name :biggrin-new:

Well ahead of you Dutch. I think I did it the first day though I put a little spin on my intro as it is difficult taking about myself, it's very mundane:)

Still looking for an opponent to play. Would like to try and get dropbox running smoothly so...... anybody?

I ll set up sthing and i ll send u an invitation to share the dropbox folder.

No I havent sorry my friend. I must be doing something wrong. Not familiar with Dropbox nor do I know what it is. I have it DL'd but thats the extent of it sorry.

No I havent sorry my friend. I must be doing something wrong. Not familiar with Dropbox nor do I know what it is. I have it DL'd but thats the extent of it sorry.

That's strange,i ve placed the file into the folder and it shows that u have access in it plus that the file is now gone.
I ll put it again there.

Thanks, Still looking for my first game but have yet to have one :)

I must be doing something wrong. Not familiar with Dropbox nor do I know what it is.....
Whako,
Please follow the below instructions, if you have any questions, post them here, any other FGM member will be willing to assist you.

Go to this link and register yourself for dropbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/login?cont=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fhome%2FVon%2520Lighthorse%2520vs%2520Dce21b%2520%25281%2529%23%3A%3A%3A65990835

Install dropbox into your desktop computer
Use the same email as you listed here.
After you're done, you see the dropbox folders for Lighthorse and Cargol in the dropbox account.
chick and drag the turns into your incoming email shortcut folder for CMBN.
Enter CMBN and go to saved game and chick on one of those files, to start a CMBN game.
Afterward, go to outgoing email shortcut folder for CMBN, chick and drag or copy file and place the file into the correct dropbox folders.
What could be easier than that...LOL

Merry Christmas
Lighthorse

What could be easier than that...

Using H2HH (if your computer can handle it, apparently some can't) is even easier. Once set up all one needs do is look at the current game status and see who's turn it is in all your games. Bootie put up a sweet play by play on how to set H2HH up, though I will leave it to him to link it to this thread.

Thanks for the help everyone. Had to re dl dropbox and it works perfectly now. New to Pbem. Played 10 games so far and my thoughts are mixed. I come from an RT background so being patient and examing every single past move is a bit different. Thats not a bad thing sometimes.
Thanks

@Whako

You don't need to have dropbox installed in order to get a file from someone who is using dropbox. There is a feature which allows them to send file turns just like SendThisFile. You also can use SendthisFile as well.

Back
Top Bottom