Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Looking for first multiplayer game on CMBN

Keelingd2468

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello, I have played about 50ish hours of CMBN in single player and about 20 hours of single player in CMBS and am looking to try out my first multiplayer game on CMBN. I am looking for a smallish scenario around platoon or company strength. I don't mind if you are much better than me, I will welcome anyone. I posted here almost a year ago looking for a game, but my old computers motherboard went caput literally the day after I posted that, and I just recently saved up enough to buy a new laptop so very sorry if you recognize my name and think I ghosted your response.

I have time for a game. How about Les Charne? A very manageable small meeting engagement scenario.
That would be great! I am completely new to this so how do we proceed from here?

You need to set up a Dropbox account. it's free and is the easiest way to exchange turn files that can be pretty big.

Once you have that set up, I can set up the battle and we can start.

OK I just created a shared Dropbox folder and invited you to join it. In the folder is the first file. Save it to your Incoming e-mail game directory.

File name is Meeting Engagement at Les Charne 001

Folder path should be This PC / Documents / Battlefront / Combat Mission Beyond Normandy / Game Files / Incoming Mail. It should already exist, you don't have to create the folder tree.

Start CMBN and select the "Saved Game" option. You should see all the games saved in the Incoming Mail folder, select the one you just saved.

On the very first file it's probably just going to ask you to create a password for the game and then it will automatically save it as Meeting Engagement at Les Charne 002

When you save it, the new file will be in the outgoing e-mail folder, so This PC / Documents / Battlefront / Combat Mission Beyond Normandy / Game Files / Outgoing Mail

And then you just upload the new file 002 back up to Dropbox.

Last edited:
Just sent it back to you on dropbox, hope it worked, thank you so much! Gl hf.

Hmmmm well right off the bat we have a problem. I don't see the file you sent me when I start the game and select "Saved Games."

Often that means we don't have the same version of the game installed.

When I start the game, on the opening screen where you choose Battle or Saved Game, etc way down at bottom right it shows what version you have.

Mine says Version 4.03 and game engine 4. Can you check that yours says the same?

I have version 4.04 and engine 4. I am also playing on steam I'm not sure if that matters though.

anyone good for another CMBN scenario ? i can fit one in.

Sorel, what is your email ? i will get us going with a small scenario. are you up to date with the game engine ? i am running V4.04, we need alignment.

Hello, if you'd like a smaller game I can provide one but I don't think my computer could handle a big battle.
should be OK with any scenario regardless, as long as we are running same version of gameengine. V4.04 .. what is your email ? i will set up drop box.

Back