Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Men dropping out of life...

Meat Grinder

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I've started to notice this trend in the past ten or so years. Grown men are choosing to remain single, rather than commit to the traditional family structure. I'm kinda in that boat myself.....divorced, no kids, and no plans to ever have any.

Is this the new norm?

Given what appears to be the new normal for how many "women" choose to look it sounds like a wise decision. :oops:
-----
MpVs7TTh.jpg

@mTk you must have been care free and young once! ( I feel lucky to have survived my youth...)
PS Have you seen how the fellows dress these days!

Actually, that reminded me of the time the careers officer kicked me out his office after telling me I was going nowhere! (I was in my white flairs, whirlpool coloured daddy vest and had on my beads, man too!)

Last edited:
Given what appears to be the new normal for how many "women" choose to look it sounds like a wise decision. :oops:
-----
MpVs7TTh.jpg

No. Let's have a serious discussion here.

My oldest nephew, early 40s, (gainfully employed, pension, artistic, owns his house & Tacoma), in line to take over when his manager retires.....divorced, and no desire to date.

No desire to date, at all. Would rather remain a single heterosexual man than enter the current dating pool.

Reactions: mTk
@Meat Grinder
_
That guy looks hard... bet he's in love with hims_elf.

However, less than a couple of hundred years ago... how long were you expected to live... were you lucky enough to be able to read... and if you were not reading what would you be doing.
Today to many distractions perhaps. Without the pill, and with religion, and the sale of shotguns... life would be a lot different today, for people in the west!

@Meat Grinder
_
That guy looks hard... bet he's in love with hims_elf.

However, less than a couple of hundred years ago... how long were you expected to live... were you lucky enough to be able to read... and if you were not reading what would you be doing.
Today to many distractions perhaps. Without the pill, and with religion, and the sale of shotguns... life would be a lot different today, for people in the west!

I think I understand what you are saying. Yea, the guy in my pic has probably devoted a significant portion of his time to achieve that level of fitness.

Today's western young women seem to want close to that level of fitness out of their potential mate, as well as a high income, while offering basically nothing in return, other than sex. This is a problem.

So I guess I belong in here to. Single early 40s never married no kids. For me I saw all my friends getting married having kids and they all looked acted and said they were miserable and sitting here right now I can only think of one of them that is still married to the same woman all this time later. Now I have had a couple fairly long term relationships some we lived together some not some had kids some not. I can honestly say I glad I never married them or had kids.
Then something happened that I swear sounds like a chick flick movie script, probably a trilogy of material for. I reconnected with the first girl i ever remember having a crush on. Like we danced together, awkwardly, at a 6th grade spring dance. Her family moved around a lot and from then thru highshool she was in and out of my life. We never dated or even hooked up. After high school she went her way I went mine. Occasionally she would cross my mind. Then one day we ran into each other.
I swear guys it was like being struck by lightening. We spent that night together, moved in with each other shortly after and spent 4 years in pure absolute joy. Had something that you hear songs and fairy tales about but never really see in real life. Sure we had some hard moments but never had one fight. We would disagree but never disagreeable.
Some if not all the hard times we had were in one way or another connected to her family. These "people" are the lowest form of life I have ever seen walking on 2 legs. Think soap opera villians. To be fair they dont have a very high opinion of me either but it is only because I one of the few people who would call them on their constant daily bullshit. To prove this is real life and not fairy tale in the end they won.
My lady and I had talked several times about getting married but we really saw no reason to she had had a ten year horror show of a marriage and like me had saw very few married couples make it. We ended up with a little saying of ours that we know who we belong to so we dont need a receipt. Turns out that receipt would have came in very handy.
My lady had a fairy sudden onset of a mental disability which was the purest form of hell i can imagine on Earth. It took the better part of a year to diagnose including a couple involuntary pysch holds being placed on her. During which time not being next of kin I got no say so at all. Worse or actural family does even worse during her break down times before really knowing something was wrong we had some out of nowhere bad fights. It would kill me that she would accuse me of things i would never dream of doing and she would move out. And back in. And out. One of the out times they had her committed fill doctors head of nonsense about me and dropped a restraining order on me that prevented me from going to see her in hosital. As she would come back to herself they filled her head full of nonsense about me.
End of story she is OK-ish now days. Stays in contact with me secretly because she lives with her family. So to bring this back to the topic of marriage. I was always against it even before i had got with my lady. After I got with her I was even more against it because I knew the committment we had was so much stronger than any piece of legal paper would ever be. I knew who I belonged to and she did not need a receipt but turns out that receipt can mean a whole world of difference.
Sorry for the long story but once i start talking about her i find it very hard to stop ... pressing post before i just erase this

I don't think it's "dropping out of life" to stay unmarried. Just a (very) different kind of life.

I've started to notice this trend in the past ten or so years. Grown men are choosing to remain single, rather than commit to the traditional family structure. I'm kinda in that boat myself.....divorced, no kids, and no plans to ever have any.

Is this the new norm?
@ Meat Grinder

One possible, albeit still controversial theory for this phenomena, was the hypothesis proposed by ethologist John B. Calhoun in his Mouse Utopia Experiments conducted back between 1947 & 1951. and from which the term Behavioral Sink was coined. I won't go into all of its findings in this post, but I have attached both a Wiki link and YouTube video below which nicely summarizes this experiment and Calhoun's observations should you care to explore this further.

Irrespective of the weight one might want to attribute to this particular theory, I found it an interesting read in its own right and agree with the following caveat that there's no doubt that overcrowding in big cities causes all sorts of psychological and behavioral problems. These have been scientifically researched and observed. Nevertheless one has to be careful not to use scientific findings to push a political agenda, particular narrative or anthropocentric worldview.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Search MGTOW. Its a growing movement. There are also many commentators on youtube. I find Entrepreneurs in Cars interesting.

I have an older sister so I saw at a young age how women operate. Also when I got out of college and paid my dues for a few years and landed a job at a prestigious company, there were many available hot young women and I was considered a catch by many of the young women. They made it obvious they were available and willing...

My manager saw this and called me into his office. He was a blunt, outspoken person and this was in the 90's so the climate was different. He asked me "are you married". I said no. His response was you're a smart man don't ever do it! I said why? He said its the biggest mistake you'll ever make. I won't go into all the details but he basically explained the situation he was trapped in. The only reason why he endured it was his son.

He then hooked me up with 2 guys who were once married and got divorced. They sat me down and explained the hell they endured of being dragged through the family court system.

Over the years I've seen the trials and tribulations of married men. They are trapped with massive mortgages, supporting children-often through college as well as past what was once considered time for a young person to strike out on their own. If the men decide to leave they will likely lose the house and live in borderline poverty so they are forced to endure.

I worked with a retired officer who made it to a high rank who retired after over 20 years of service. I asked him why he decided to work after the military. His response? To get away from the nagging wife who would have an endless list of tasks for him to do if he wasn't at work.

Everytime something at work that needed to be tended to and required travel he was the first to volunteer. One time the supervisor offered to get a plane ticket so he wouldn't have to drive so far and be on the road for days. His response was "no that's ok" I'll be happy to drive and it will save the company money....

We used to mess with him and tell him we would volunteer to make the road trip, but if he bought lunch we'd let him have the task...

I made a nice salary and a co-worker I was friends with was badgering our manager for a demotion. I asked him why? His response? If I make less I can ask the family court to lower my support payments to my ex.

I had so many married guys at work tell me how jealous they were at me because I could retire early and didn't have anyone telling me what they could or couldn't do. I have quite a few divorced women who were once hot and burned through guys, now flirting and saying they want to settle down...

Social media has only made women, especially the younger ones worse.

I have a long time friend in college who works in the financial industry and is very well off. He's still married after over 20 years and has kids. I once mentioned I was thinking of going to Argentina to check it out. He said "lets go" just you and me....he then whipped out his phone and started showing pics of hot young Argentina babes. I've known him for years and I know he has side dishes he playing with...

Back