Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Microprose is Back.

HOA_KSOP

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Great article about the return of Microprose....here...

https://www.wargamer.com/articles/microprose-simulation-games/

Should be noted that Task Force Admiral and Second Front as well as Sea Power: Naval Combat in the Missile Age are going to be published by the resurrected Microprose. All 3 games are on my wish list!

TitanIM is only for military and commercial sales eh? Huh.

I've noticed a lot of 'retro' style games on Steam over the last few years. Not surprised that indie's and old retro titles are making an appearance.

TitanIM is only for military and commercial sales eh? Huh.

I've noticed a lot of 'retro' style games on Steam over the last few years. Not surprised that indie's and old retro titles are making an appearance.
Kind of like movies remakes, right? And sequels...:rolleyes: How many interpretations of Batman and Spiderman do we need?

I still haven't seen the Joker movie. Probably good, but looks depressing. I have to be in the right mood to check it out.
My eldest son roped me into watching the animated Spiderman - Into the Spider-Verse, and it was surprisingly good.
Afterwards I watched a documentary about the making of it and it was fascinating.

Wow! They had some amazing games back in the day!

Anyone ever play M1 Tank Platoon? Gunship? Falcon? Silent Service? Pirates? They were just amazing for their time!

The modern naval game looks outstanding.

Well sure I have tried the modern stuff, lol. :)

For its era, those graphics are amazing. And the game play was top notch. In M1 Tank Platoon, I thought it was fake that the M1s could dominate T-72s. A T-72 pretty much had to get a side hit to kill an M1. But lo and behold, Microprose was right.

Yeah, I assumed you were familiar with modern graphics heh heh!
But the point I was making is how far they have come in our lifetimes.

My sons have VR units which they use sometimes. I tried it a couple of times and it was amazing.
But something about it is a bit spooky...like an episode of Black Mirror. :sneaky:

I played a Bar Fight VR game fairly recently. God, that was fun! You walk into different bars and start trouble. You wind up fighting everyone, lol.

Well sure I have tried the modern stuff, lol. :)

For its era, those graphics are amazing. And the game play was top notch. In M1 Tank Platoon, I thought it was fake that the M1s could dominate T-72s. A T-72 pretty much had to get a side hit to kill an M1. But lo and behold, Microprose was right.
M1 Tank Platoon was really good. But Steel Beasts Pro is supposedly the best tank simulator on the market. Price tag is $100+...

Really interested in Sea Power.
There needs to be more Cold War games.
Do you have Cold Waters? There's also Eugen's Wargame:Airland Battle and Wargame:European Escalation. I have not played them in awhile, but they are also RTS. Then there's Flashpoint Campaigns:Red Storm which is turn-based, is more operational and is pretty fun.

There's also a Cold War game about to be released, called, wait for it, Cold War Game, described as being very similar to the Eugen tiltes. You can find details on STEAM at this location...https://store.steampowered.com/app/1047210/Cold_War_Game/

Wow! They had some amazing games back in the day!

Anyone ever play M1 Tank Platoon? Gunship? Falcon? Silent Service? Pirates? They were just amazing for their time!

The modern naval game looks outstanding.

Played the hell out of Silent Service on my Commodore 64, and later my Amiga 500. Great game.

Do you have Cold Waters? There's also Eugen's Wargame:Airland Battle and Wargame:European Escalation. I have not played them in awhile, but they are also RTS. Then there's Flashpoint Campaigns:Red Storm which is turn-based, is more operational and is pretty fun.

There's also a Cold War game about to be released, called, wait for it, Cold War Game, described as being very similar to the Eugen tiltes. You can find details on STEAM at this location...https://store.steampowered.com/app/1047210/Cold_War_Game/
Yeah, I got all of those.

Back