Mistel 4

Louis

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Castelar, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
The Mistel 4 is a composite aircraft, consisting of a explosives filled Me 262 and a so called "Führungsflugzeug" (guidance aircraft) Me 262 A1 or A2/U2 which was mounted on top. This composite aircraft didn't make it far more then to the design stage and never became operational.

TXgxqfP.jpg

The Mistel 4 consisted of two Me 262 mounted on top of each other. The lower Me 262 A was modified to a so called "Sprengstoffträger" (explosives carrier). The complet front section, up to the wing frontedge, was designed as a warhead. So this was a seperate construction section at all, the warhead could have been built as a seperate section and fitted on. For example the whole section was planned to be made from explosives, without any wooden or aluminum fuselagecovering. More explosives, liquid and solid ones, should be placed in the aft fuselage.

The lower Me 262 should be older ones or especially designed ones made from no metal materials like wood. There have been tests to build the Me 262 fuselage particialy and in whole from wood to save precious aircraft aluminum.

Back
Top Bottom