Modelling

• Thread starter The Fisher King
  • Start date
T

The Fisher King

So my son is getting a little older now and recently on a rainy saturday we went and bought a small 1:72 airfix model of a Panzer IV.

We then spent a very enjoyable afternoon glueing and sticking it together followed by a rather crude paint job. Since then we've completed two other models. I've got to say I've really enjoyed the whole process and have been bitten by the bug. I never really modelled as a kid but I have a Tamiya German halftrack kit on its way with all the associated paints.

Anyone else actively modelling?

So my son is getting a little older now and recently on a rainy saturday we went and bought a small 1:72 airfix model of a Panzer IV.

We then spent a very enjoyable afternoon glueing and sticking it together followed by a rather crude paint job. Since then we've completed two other models. I've got to say I've really enjoyed the whole process and have been bitten by the bug. I never really modelled as a kid but I have a Tamiya German halftrack kit on its way with all the associated paints.

Anyone else actively modelling?

I was going to post this very question. I modelled for many years when I was younger but after I got married and started a family, my modelling room became a child's bedroom. The hobby has taken a back seat to parenthood for many years. Now that the kids have gotten older, I am longing to get back to this great hobby. I still need a place in the house where I can "set up shop" but I am very close to jumping back in full time. I have purchased several kits and have a few ideas for dioramas. On my "sabbatical" from plastic modelling I have dabbled in card modelling as well as building several dollhouses for my daughters.

I would love to see a spot on the forum dedicated to modelling. A place where we can compare projects, share tricks of the trade, and dispaly our work for the members here to see.

Bootie if you read this, might this be a possibility?

It would be great to have a forum for novices like me to pick up some tips.

I used to make panzer tanks out of my mashed potatos. THIS is not a JOKE, as sad as that seems.

(asparagus makes a good tank barrel)

Cheers!

Leto

I am.
But, i didn;t do ANYTHING in last couple of months....I started working od 1/48 C-47 and stopped on interior....
I'll see if i can find or take pictures of some of my current models....

I would love to see a spot on the forum dedicated to modelling.

Agreed 100%.

Look at my profile album and you will see some of my pieces I have completed. I am very active at modelling, though currently with sub freezing temps its slowed down since my "shop" is a shed out side in the back yard. I like the 1/35 scale armor and 1/48 scale aircraft. I am currently working on a 1/32 scale JU-87...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb20/AirborneBob/IMG_0907.jpg

I also had a 1/35th American M60 tank model with a small electric motor and batteries inside; I used to send it trundling down the garden to overun our sleeping cats but it was so slow they heard it coming and moved away into impassable tank terrain where it couldn't get at them.
Incidentally next time I'm in town I'm going to get a tiny r/c helicopter to fly from my top-floor window to annoy the roosting seagulls on the roof opposite

Back
Top Bottom