Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[Movie] Godzilla Minus One - Netflix

I've watched half of this so far and...meh. Which is (so far) disappointing since it did get great critic reviews and multiple awards.
-----
"Godzilla Minus One premiered at the Shinjuku Toho Building on October 18, 2023, and was released in Japan on November 3,
to celebrate the franchise's 70th anniversary.[c] Toho International later released it in North America on December 1. The film
grossed almost $116 million worldwide on an estimated $10–12 million budget, becoming the third-highest-grossing Japanese
film of 2023 and surpassing Shin Godzilla as the most successful Japanese Godzilla film. Critics praised its visual effects, direction,
screenplay, characters, musical score, and social commentary, with many hailing it as one of the best films of 2023 and among the
greatest in the Godzilla franchise. It also attained numerous accolades, including a leading 12 nominations at the 47th Japan Academy
Film Prize (winning eight), three nominations at the 17th Asian Film Awards (winning two), and winning Best Visual Effects at the 96th
Academy Awards." -Wiki
-----
I remember (sorta) the original movie where Godzilla was victimized by atomic testing and he then became the monster we all know
and love. After he got nuked he made a beeline to Tokyo and wreaked havoc my stomping around and flattening everything w/his size
238 feet. Guess what? I just provided you a synopsis for this movie's first hour. :( To be fair it does have another hour to make amends
and it just might. Stay tuned.
Oh, footnote. The recently released film is in color. They are hard as work preparing an additional release soon that will be black and white.
Huh?
I suppose that is some kind of homage to the original? Why not just watch the original?
And Godzilla is remains the stiffest monster, graphically, ever. He still looks like a fat guy in rubber suit.

Back