Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[Movie] Shadow on the Cloud

I think it is available on Amazon, but the rental price is something like $24.95. To rent!? WTF?
Well, it was just released this month so the new has gotta wear off a bit before the price comes down to my range.
Yeah, think I'll wait this one out. But I reeally wanna see it. Brought to by those folks who made "Atomic Blond." Looks
like silly, crazy fun. Nowadays, I can make use of that.
Please suspend your sense of disbelief at the door!
-----

Last edited:
Finally found a source that I could rent this for $5.99 and thought "Close enough."
So, I'm half way through it and it occurs to me "I've seen this movie before."
Remember Twilight Zone? This movie took the plot from an October 1963 episode called "Nightmare at 20,00 feet!"
Most of you will recognize the hero.
Change the plane from a 707 to a B-17, the passengers to the B-17 crew, the "hero" to a woman and presto!
Oh, I really am liking this. It is just soo over the top!
Here's the entire TZ episode...in parts. That's the best I could do.
-----
---
---
---
---

Last edited:
I should have left it alone. I mean just watch the movie until I took that first break and then never looked back.
Did I? Nooo.
The first half was kind of fun with some creepy stuff going that I was looking forward to having explained later. The director/screen writers decided otherwise.
I guess it's really easy to make a movie with strange stuff if you don't actually have to explain what's going on or why. Hell, I could do that!
That's goes for the story as well. It's soo much easier to make a movie if you don't have to actually worry about a story/plot to make things difficult..
Spoiler Alert: Our heroine comes on board the plane carrying a medium sized box with a shoulder strap (with an air vent). She declares it classified and if anyone dares to open
it can be punished under penalty of Courts-Martial!
Well, duh! They open the box and there is a .....BABY inside. Turns out it's our heroine's baby from an affair with the turret gunner. Her husband is/was a bad man so this is OK.
That's the whole movie's plot/story. WTF?
No explanation how she got on the plane that just appears out of the fog on the runway. No explanation how/what is the Gremlin on board and why it is trying to take the baby?
Beyond belief that 3+ Zero's are unable to shoot down a basically helpless B-17 with two engines out. Nothing to explain...(sigh).
And then the big finale is a hand-to-claw fight between our heroine and the Gremlin which was last seen falling out of the plane at 1000' after having been shot.
The closing scene is where Mom pops her blouse (modestly hidden boobs) and breastfeeds the baby. Everybody smiles. The End. OMG!
So, after a lot of things considered I've decided I just can't really recommend this.
Not even as a joke.

Last edited:
Thanks mTK. Took one for the team. I thought this looked like a bit of mad fun, and am a sucker for B17s, but it seems like it had a bit of the Prometheus vibe: let's throw in lots of completely implausible things.

Back