Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[Movie] The Tomorrow War (Amazon Prime)

This was just released and I'm only 32 minutes (145m) into it. Got rid of all the preliminaries and I am now being briefed on what to (sort of ) expect.
The premise, while it involves time travel, makes a bit of sense and they keep it simple so no time paradox to have to deal with. (y)
The was the nod to women early on so Pratt got to take his shirt off to show he may be the most buffed human on the planet. I'm serious about that.
Oddly enough I kind of found that scene to hurt my suspension of disbelief because, well, that kinda jumps the shark. I mean, really!? Ordinary family
man and H.S. science teacher looks like that!?
That said, Pratt retains the ability to come off as a bit of every man (if he keeps his shirt on) and I just can't help but like him. Hanging out with him at a
bar with a couple of adult beverages would be a lot of fun.
Haven't seen the aliens yet, but I am expecting massive CGI and well done at that. The production quality is already evident.
I really like a well done action/sci-fi movie and I'm optimistic this may well be one of those. Will advise.
----

Last edited:
OK, I liked it. A lot.
For what they were trying to do I think it was done about as good as it could be done.
They borrowed heavily from Starship Troopers, Aliens, The Thing and World War Z, just to name a few. That's a pretty decent pedigree.
They didn't do anything on the cheap as I understand production cost was $200M. It shows.
Don't go looking for things to nitpick. You'll find some, but surprisingly few.
If you like the genre you'll get a kick out of this one.
- "mTk Seal of Approval"
p.s. I think those Whitespikes may keep me awake a bit tonight. They are nasty.

Haha, our state newspaper has reviewed it as a BLAST of a movie. Big, Loud And STupid. But great fun if you disconnect your cognitive processes for the duration... :LOL:

Reactions: mTk
It was OK at best IMO. I agree with @mTk that it borrowed from a number of older movies and mentioned the exact same ones to my wife as we watched it. Pratt is a bit limited in his acting, but that’s OK, I enjoy his characters for the most part (Even though they are the same in each movie he does, Jurassic World, guardians of the galaxy, and this one) at least they kinda explained how the evil creatures got here.. it was Hollywood cookie cutter really and I just wish they could come up with something original. As the movie progressed I was waiting for the line “I’m never gonna leave you again” and I wasn’t disappointed.
JK Simmons had the best lines…

Reactions: mTk
So stupid films. Of course the colonel was his daughter, as if we didn't understand that, and of course the explosions and fires don't hurt them nor even damage their clothes and hair and, finaly, of course the monsters are going to roar almost every time they're on the screen. No film from USA without wild animals and monsters that are roaring almost every time they are on the screen.

But it was fun to see how far the computer graphics have evolved to make monsters look ok.

I enjoyed Army of the Dead more then Tomorrow War.
I appreciate camp when the actors and director know that its camp. Giving a wink to Romero's Dead movies.
Tomorrow War tried to be Starship Troopers and failed. At least the monsters looked pretty good and the insurance guy survived at the end

It was OK at best IMO. I agree with @mTk that it borrowed from a number of older movies and mentioned the exact same ones to my wife as we watched it. Pratt is a bit limited in his acting, but that’s OK, I enjoy his characters for the most part (Even though they are the same in each movie he does, Jurassic World, guardians of the galaxy, and this one) at least they kinda explained how the evil creatures got here.. it was Hollywood cookie cutter really and I just wish they could come up with something original. As the movie progressed I was waiting for the line “I’m never gonna leave you again” and I wasn’t disappointed.
JK Simmons had the best lines…

I finally watched this the other night. I agree with @Buckykatt, shades of "Aliens" and "The Thing". As for plot holes, if humans are food, why did the White Spikes leave the dead Miami research team strung up in the atrium of their lab, other than as homage to "Predator"?

Back