My Birthday Present

A

ACSpectre

I was lucky enough to receive a $100 gift certificate to Squadron Hobbies for my birthday. Along with some neat modelling toys, I also purchased this:

mmi14537.jpg

A 1/144 scale AC-130H made by Minicraft from China. I did have another AC-130 kit that I never got to build and that got lost many years ago. Looking forward to having a go at building my namesake. I will post pictures of the build here.

Now I'm just waiting on the Postman to deliver my goodies :plane:

Package at my door this afternoon. Cool modelling tools and a great looking kit. Never built anything from Minicraft but a quick look at the kit shows some impressive detail. Looking forward to building it.

Pictures to follow as soon as I wrest the digital camera from my daughter.

The promised photos of my birthday gifts:

Some new tools.

Sprue cutting pliers - I love how well these work.
Seam Scraper and putty applicator - these look like dental tools
Adjustable clamps in assorted sizes - very handy

S7300605.jpg

Squadron Book C-130 walkaround - tons of great detailed pics of the C-130 in all of its different iterations.

S7300606.jpg

...and finally the kit. I'm really looking forward to building this.

S7300608.jpg

S7300610.jpg

I got a 1/48 scale Herc in a bargain bulk sale from a guy exiting the hobby....I had to sell it to defray expenses of the purchase, but boy it was a sweet model.

Possibily just a fraction large, however. Maybe just a tad. Slightly.

1/144 sounds much more sensible :)

The other AC-130 kit I had was a Testor kit in 1/48. Just an awesome kit, it kills me that it was lost. I love 1/48 aircraft, it really gives you a feel for the majesty of the machine. I built a 1/48 B-17 from Monogram for an old friend of mine who was a waist gunner on one in the war. He actually participated in the raid on Ploesti. I really enjoyed building that kit. However, building a kit that big is one thing, displaying or storing the finished project is another. This is a much smaller scale but the detail of the kit looks excellent.

Back
Top Bottom