My T34

I have never, or know about what this T34 is firing, it's Like a load of Buckshot, Plus it spreads out over a wide area causing some problems to my invading troops

untitled-16.jpg

It's called "canister". In effect a shotgun round for a tank. VERY effective against infantry. Later PzIII models use it as well.

It is the "C" round in the ammo loadout. The German short 75mm gun, the Russian 76mm and 45mm gun and American 37mm (Stuart) gun can have "C" rounds.

can1.jpg

can2.jpg

can3.jpg

Ouch that hurts, a T-34 gives my squad a face full of canister, wiping them all out..
(Note- we have no control over firing canister, the crew AI decides when to fire it)
canisterlos3.gif

I've gone through the Cmbb and Cmak Armour and Vehicles lists in the editor year by year and here are the ones with canister rounds (but remember in QB's there's a chance the computer might randomly decide to allocate none, few, or many rounds.) Some towed guns have canister too.

GERMAN
The short 75mm L/24 is canister-capable through the whole war on panzers, stugs, armoured cars and halftracks.

RUSSIAN
All models of T-34/76 and the T-34/57 are can-capable through the whole war, so are the KV-1 family, the OT-34 flame tank and the Stuart.

BRITISH
Only one Brit tank can fire canister, the Stuart VI (earlier model Stuarts can't)

AMERICAN
All their Stuart models can fire canister, so can the M8 Greyhound

ITALIAN
None of their AFV's can fire canister

CM TACTICS SECTION- http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/showthread.php?301-Canister

Back
Top Bottom