Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Name That Battle Game

Rambler

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Many moons ago on another forum I used to be a member of, we started a game called Name That Battle. How it works is that someone posts a picture/painting/illustration or two of a battle or battlefield from anytime in history, and people have to guess which battle it is. The person who gets it right posts the next battle, and so on and so on. It was a lot of fun and educational, so I thought I'd start one here.

The Rules:
1. Do not use reverse Google image search! That means do not upload the posted pic to image search to find out what it is. It just kills the fun. Obviously, there's no way to enforce that rule, so it's really on the honor system.

2. One week time limit on guessing. If the battle hasn't been guessed in that amount of time, the poster of the unguessed battle will post a new battle. Battle poster can also give hints if he wishes.

3. The person who correctly guesses the battle should post a new one in a timely manner to keep things moving along.

4. No limit on guesses. Guess all you want!

Sound fun? It is! Let's get the party started with this battle:
0wL2p3E.jpg

YOlpYvb.jpg

Last edited:
This may be a LONG reach but, Battle of Cowpens, on January 17, 1781, or maybe the Battle of New Orleans. Again, long stretch on not many clues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Negatory.

The mustering for the battle took place at a fort (now rebuilt) that I walk by several times a week, followed by a 13 day march. Teddy Roosevelt called it the turning point of the American revolution.

Back