Need help

M

Maj. Disaster

Gents

I am trying to set up a game here as Axis Attacker and Allied Defender in CMBN with another gamer on PBEM.
It is a Quick Battle Map: QB246.

For some strange reason, the game is swapping around the setup zones. I am getting quite frustrated here and I am sure I selected everything carefully. I have no idea why this is happening.

Is there anyone here that might have had similar problems?
Is my game install perhaps corrupted?
Or should I play solitaire instead, now serious, it freaks me out and I a desperate for any help I can get.

Please help.

Cheers
Maj. Disaster
(Matt)

Gents

I am trying to set up a game here as Axis Attacker and Allied Defender in CMBN with another gamer on PBEM.
It is a Quick Battle Map: QB246.

For some strange reason, the game is swapping around the setup zones. I am getting quite frustrated here and I am sure I selected everything carefully. I have no idea why this is happening.

Is there anyone here that might have had similar problems?
Is my game install perhaps corrupted?
Or should I play solitaire instead, now serious, it freaks me out and I a desperate for any help I can get.

Please help.

Cheers
Maj. Disaster
(Matt)
Don't worry, your install is not corrupted. This bug appears to be related to some maps which are designated "Allied Attack" rather than just "Attack". Since the Allies are assumed to be the Attackers, the QB setup programs get confused when they're actually the defenders. AFAIK, no one has found a consistent solution to the bug, but several people have said that trying again will sometimes fix it, though I've not had any joy in that direction, myself.

You could try a different map (manually selected), or swap who's doing the attacking and whom the defending. Or you could try and find scenarios to play. The Repository has a good few to choose from if you've played all the stock ones.

Thanks for your help. I am glad to hear that it is a known bug in the game.
I felt embarrassed having to say to my opponent, "sorry, one moment, something wrong here"
Thanks again

Sorry womble but this is not the current "state of the art". ;)

Dutch Grenadier found this solution: Just open the scenario editor, load the map you want to play on, re-paint the setup zones and save the map as an "Axis attack"-map with the name of you and your opponent for example. That's it. After that procedure you may start your PBEM game with having the starting zones right. :)

Sorry womble but this is not the current "state of the art". ;)

Dutch Grenadier found this solution: Just open the scenario editor, load the map you want to play on, re-paint the setup zones and save the map as an "Axis attack"-map with the name of you and your opponent for example. That's it. After that procedure you may start your PBEM game with having the starting zones right. :)
Aha! I'd missed that development. Nice one, DG. It's still a bug, or maybe design flaw though, that QB generation pays attention to "nationality" of setup zones rather than just having them as "attacker" and "defender".

Back
Top Bottom