Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

News from the Eastern Front - my struggle with Mius

Other interesting things you won't see in CM:

Bullets and shells hitting the ground at a shallow angle, bouncing off.

Enemies surrendering by coming out with their hands over their heads (instead of you having to go to where they are..)

Deformable terrain - tanks compressing trenches as they go over them, and even smaller shells taking bites out of earth mounds around dug in positions.

Houses and trees -and sometimes soldiers - catching fire.

Captured enemy weapons. Russian SMGs in German hands, and German panzers sometimes (but rarely) being used by the Russians.

Has anybody had this problem?

You manage to get your infantry close behind an enemy Marder, but your guys refuse to just shoot the crew?

They should be completely exposed, but I have never seen them actually get shot. Even when the vehicle is completely swarmed with infantry.

Also, it seems there is a bug (?) where infantry will always throw their hand grenades too high so they just fly over the enemy vehicle?

Has anybody had this problem?

You manage to get your infantry close behind an enemy Marder, but your guys refuse to just shoot the crew?

They should be completely exposed, but I have never seen them actually get shot. Even when the vehicle is completely swarmed with infantry.

Also, it seems there is a bug (?) where infantry will always throw their hand grenades too high so they just fly over the enemy vehicle?

It happened to me, it's like they get that it's a "tank" so they don't fire as it's useless, but the IA can't see this oportunity.

I have not seen too many mistakes in the grenade thing, they are not that bad in the aiming IRRC.

Other interesting things you won't see in CM:

Bullets and shells hitting the ground at a shallow angle, bouncing off.

Enemies surrendering by coming out with their hands over their heads (instead of you having to go to where they are..)

Deformable terrain - tanks compressing trenches as they go over them, and even smaller shells taking bites out of earth mounds around dug in positions.

Houses and trees -and sometimes soldiers - catching fire.

Captured enemy weapons. Russian SMGs in German hands, and German panzers sometimes (but rarely) being used by the Russians.

Yeah, you could get quite realistic and cinematographics moments, as a tank on fire getting down a slope, by inertia and momentum, while the crew tries to get out in flames.

It happened to me, it's like they get that it's a "tank" so they don't fire as it's useless, but the IA can't see this oportunity.

Even stranger, they sometimes seem to fire at the Marders from the front and sides, where the bullets just bounce off the arour, but they don't shoot from the back when it should be an easy shot at the crew...

I'm still learning to play this game. I decided to wait with the operations and have downloaded user made quick battles, and made three myself just to try it out, to use as the means of learning the different features of Mius Front.

The operations will have to wait until I have mastered the UI and other things well enough to fight with larger amounts of troops.

Concerning why the AI sometimes won't fire although "fire at will" is turned on. I think that it also is important to turn on the option which allows the AI to control the troops and also to turn off "act with caution".

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still learning to play this game. I decided to wait with the operations and have downloaded user made quick battles, and made three myself just to try it out, to use as the means of learning the different features of Mius Front.

The operations will have to wait until I have mastered the UI and other things well enough to fight with larger amounts of troops.

Concerning why the AI sometimes won't fire although "fire at will" is turned on. I think that it also is important to turn on the option which allows the AI to control the troops and also to turn off "act with caution".

Also turn off "conserve ammo" and be sure to put a checkmark in the various "fire at" boxes.

Even so, there are still cases where the unit will not fire because it thinks the chances of hitting and damaging the target are too low.

But there are also cases where infantry will decide to fire at tanks at very short ranges, aiming for vision slits and other weak points.

Back