Not worth a poop, BUT!!!!!

F

Fredrocker

Members,

I am not a BFC headknocker, though I feel they still have the best products in the world (and unlike most never had and upgrade issue)... as a designer of many CMBN battles including Sie Kommen II, I have just fell in love with the capabilities of Version 2.0 Games Engine... Granted I have been playing in CMFI... but this has taken CMBN to a whole new level... even my current battles have taken on a more real aspect with this upgrade...

Hopefully this will spur on more newcomers to the game, and also kick some ass into the designers to make more battles/campaigns... NEVER be ashamed of posting one of your battles... hell half of mine are crapola (maybe they will be better with 2.0) but you gotta release them... it is part of being a gamer...

I would like to thank the academy and Bootie and all the folks at FGM for letting this be possible...

What is it that has you falling in love with v2.0?
The $10 that he could not find anywhere else to use :)

Kidding aside, I am glad to hear this comment from a vet like fred. If more positives come in the next couple of days, I will follow suit too. :)

What is it that has you falling in love with v2.0?
First off, just the overlay map feature like CMFI is fantastic (cuts the map making process in half)... Second there is 16 Groups now for the AI, so you have more flexibility with AI setups and fighting capabilites... Copy and paste AI Plans. Create a solid AI Plan, copy it, and paste it into an unused AI Plan slot. Once done the copied Plan can be modified to make a unique variant without having to build the Plan up from scratch.

and then these:

• Moveable Waypoints
  • Ability to assign special uniform types for select units types on a unit by unit basis.
  • Target Armor Arc Command - Changes Game Play Alot
  • Expanded Floating Icon Categories
  • "Fog of War" Floating Icons - Changes Game Play
  • 2D Editor Map Overlay
  • Auto-Assemble Road/Wall/Hedge Tool
  • Camera Jump to Groups
  • Target Briefly Command - Changes Game Play

I probably spend most of my gaming time with the CMx2 products. They are just plain fun.

I probably spend most of my gaming time with the CMx2 products. They are just plain fun.
Gosh I agree, sometimes I feel guilty when I go to level one and watch the action, knowing my opp is waiting on a turn...lol.... A lot better then the table top games of the late 60's- early 70's.... These games are like a dream come true compared to the old days....

Gosh I agree, sometimes I feel guilty when I go to level one and watch the action, knowing my opp is waiting on a turn...lol.... A lot better then the table top games of the late 60's- early 70's.... These games are like a dream come true compared to the old days....
That I have to agree. Even CMBB is stunning ... I loved to watch those little minifigures to shake their heads around in autumn leaves, it is beautiful and then a panther shot landed nearby ... jesus, what can be better than this?! I love it!

And CMx2 is a giant leap forward in terms of details and graphics. So I am in no way against the game of CM and the achievements of BF. I was just really pissed off by my experience in the last 40 days ---- esp. when I had such high expectations.

Ahhh expectations.... I had that with PS2/3 Games... I threw the PS2/3 thru my %@#%#@ Window.... CMBB 'was' the most awesome wagame of it's time (2002-2007) nuthing finer...IMHO.... but when you think about whats out there today.... there is a lot of poop........... and then there is CMBN and CMFI.... and for the semi old timer gamer's (your only oldtime if you had your pet knock 2 weeks worth of playing off the board)... you could tell CMSF was going to be the thing (growing pains for a few years).... but that still is the best modern tactical wargame going.... gosh I miss TacOps... Ok who can tell us when the relase of Market Garden Module or a Eastern Front game is coming (@Johnsy MeatEtr)... on the spot gents... j/k

I was just really pissed off by my experience in the last 40 days ---- esp. when I had such high expectations.

I don't blame you. I get pretty frustrated myself at times. But...I think we do have to remember that this wonderful game of code and more code and intertwining code is a jigsaw puzzle at best. It is a miracle IMHO that BF even can pull this off. At times things may seem fucked up but give it time and they will sort it out and we will have (if we don't already) games that will last our lifetime. I mean, I don't think I'll ever take this game off my hard-drives. Simply too much fun.

this wonderful game of code and more code and intertwining code is a jigsaw puzzle at best. It is a miracle IMHO that BF even can pull this off.
I always wondered how f..ked up Charles is to code this.... can you imagine talking to the guy, twitch here, go to ground there.... lol.... I think that is what is missed sometimes about the CM Series, is just how much effort goes in... and then comes out on the other end... most games now are cookie-cutter games with some new graphics.... Man I hate BFC, Where were they 30 years ago.... lmfao....

Dont give up idiot94......

And to my friend mjkerner, my pets still screw things up, now it is laying on the mouse or hitting the enter key.... lol....

I don't blame you. I get pretty frustrated myself at times. But...I think we do have to remember that this wonderful game of code and more code and intertwining code is a jigsaw puzzle at best. It is a miracle IMHO that BF even can pull this off. At times things may seem fucked up but give it time and they will sort it out and we will have (if we don't already) games that will last our lifetime. I mean, I don't think I'll ever take this game off my hard-drives. Simply too much fun.
I hear you guys, yep, I think I also should appreciate BFC's effort and achievements. Indeed, this game is a way way way much better than any other games in the market.

BTW, I recently played against AI in CMBB for buddy to test his scenario, to my surprise, the AI is quite smart (well, not that smart, but it does have a plan ... amazing, I know it was the designer who programmed it to do so, but the fact that the designer CAN program it that way is even more amazing ). Compare to the numerus FPS games, the AI in those games, oh well, there is simply no AI at all...

So yes, I do understand it is next to impossible to make a product at this level of complexity bug free, but still from a customer's point of view, we still expect a stable experience. :)

BTW, I recently played against AI in CMBB for buddy to test his scenario, to my surprise, the AI is quite smart (well, not that smart, but it does have a plan ... amazing, I know it was the designer who programmed it to do so, but the fact that the designer CAN program it that way is even more amazing ). Compare to the numerus FPS games, the AI in those games, oh well, there is simply no AI at all...

And in CMBN ver 2.0 the Scenario Designer can break the AI force into 5 different battle plans with 16 different group of units, and up to 16 orders per group... Thus if time is taken to develop such plans (I only do it for campaigns) each scenario can fight different up to 5 different ways... which is awesome vs. AI scenarios...

Fredrocker: another simple question, buddy: I see some mortar units have round labelled as WP (like 60 mm HE, Smoke and WP ) ... what is WP round? What does it do? Thanks.

Fredrocker: another simple question, buddy: I see some mortar units have round labelled as WP (like 60 mm HE, Smoke and WP ) ... what is WP round? What does it do? Thanks.

idiot94, it stands for White Phosphorus, which is basically a smoke round, but the phosphorus chunks can't be doused by water or most anything (at least anything handy to an infantryman)...they just keep burning through clothes and whatever until the phosphorus is all used up. Marines and GI's in the Pacific used phosphorus grenades to burn out pillboxes, etc.

If you look at WWII footage and see big white explosions with streaks of white-hot chunks flying out, that's WP. Also known as Willie Peter.

cant wait till he sees a canister round from a M5.... LMFAO.... :rolleyes:

canister.jpg

Hey mjkerner, does that map look fimiliar... great stuff man, thanks...

idiot94, it stands for White Phosphorus, which is basically a smoke round, but the phosphorus chunks can't be doused by water or most anything (at least anything handy to an infantryman)...they just keep burning through clothes and whatever until the phosphorus is all used up. Marines and GI's in the Pacific used phosphorus grenades to burn out pillboxes, etc.

If you look at WWII footage and see big white explosions with streaks of white-hot chunks flying out, that's WP. Also known as Willie Peter.
Great info, thank you buddy! And thank you, Fredrocker, too :)

Back
Top Bottom