Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ogre anyone

HOA_KSOP

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I see a digital version of Steve Jsckson's OGRE will be available on Steam in October. The original was a great 'pocket' tabletop sci fi War game that was fast paced and fun to play. OGRE's are giant tanks that you try to stop with hover tsnks, laser cannons and mag lev armored trains ( an expansion). Anyone else remember this blast from the past? It's on my wishlist...

Yep, the game is a classic for sure. My first game against a friend player the OGRE it came down to him about dead and my last laser cannon. I did not make my last die roll and he did and won. I was hooked from then on.

It is amazing how many games that get released that are described by reviewers in terms of "bug riddled" and "almost unplayable". How can that happen - seriously?
The game is going to sit on my wishlist for now.

It is amazing how many games that get released that are described by reviewers in terms of "bug riddled" and "almost unplayable". How can that happen - seriously?
The game is going to sit on my wishlist for now.

I don't know, really, how any game can be bug riddled if they are running a beta test regimen, but who knows? On my wish list, but far down on it for now.

I filed a application for a refund yesterday. As much as I liked the boardgame years ago, as much do I dislike the digital Adaptation of it.

Dont get me wrong, it is not (so) bad, but IMHO it is overpriced and feels and looks like something that would be great on a iPad or other tablet device.

The allready mentioned review on wargamers is spot on.

Found it on sale today for $15, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger. Let me play some games against the AI, then we will try a PBEM.

It also has an overall "Very Positive" rating on Steam, so they must have ironed out the bugs.

Back