OK, NICE, h2hh .... Cargol, please read this one

I

idiot94

I was messing with this great tool. But unfortunately, I am getting it worse. The last message I got from you was that I need to end previous game so that I can get the new files.

Hmm.. probably not exactly those words, but that is what I did. And the result is that H2HH deleted the setting and no matter what I try ("add a game" or edit ... or anything), I can't get the game back any more. And most importantly, I lost the chat with you ----- that was the only communication line we had. Now I do not even have a way to ask you what I can do to fix this! ... :p ..

Poor me...

Dont worry :)
Go to our dropbox folder and copy the file Cargol vs ID vol2 001
at your incoming folder, then go the the H2H helper find the game and edit it to work as H2H game.
That will do the trick

Hi, Cargol: yes I am still playing. And No, I am still working on resolving the problem.

I was busy this weekend. Now I will have more time tonight. Please bear with me.

Thanks. :)

OK, buddy, the game appears in H2HH now, I played my turn (purchase) and it picked up the file (so it is showing that I am waiting and total files being 2). However, I tried to click on the chat function of H2HH there, it denied, and returned this message:
"This game has no dropbox, therefore no chat". What is that? And do you get my files now? Thanks.

hmm.. I think it did not go through. The dropbox is still the old file. I think it is due to the name of the dropbox folder, it is still the same as our old game (cargol vs. idiot94) .. .but now the game file is a new one (with v002 added). And after I copied the file into my incoming folder, h2hh picked it up and created a game called Cargol vs. idiot94 v002. So that is different from the dropbox folder name now. And it cannot find a proper folder to drop the files, that is why it does not appear, i guess.

But how to solve this then?

Turn off H2HH so it is not running.... Then put the files into the appropriate incoming and outgoing email directories.... at that point ensure those files are also in the appropriate drop box locations.... Cleanup all the dead files you might have in all locations...

Start H2HH and you should see the games, right click on each game and provide the specific dropbox location... Then you should be good to go...

One thing to remember, when H2HH is running it is consitantly monitoring you incoming and outgoing email directories within the data portion of your game.... if you start moving files manually it will do crazy %@#%@ things... Remember to turn it off if you need to do anything manually... Once you get use to it, it is a real time saver, I have a dozen games going and I never touch a file.... it does all the cleanup, etc....

Turn off H2HH so it is not running.... Then put the files into the appropriate incoming and outgoing email directories.... at that point ensure those files are also in the appropriate drop box locations.... Cleanup all the dead files you might have in all locations...

Start H2HH and you should see the games, right click on each game and provide the specific dropbox location... Then you should be good to go...

One thing to remember, when H2HH is running it is consitantly monitoring you incoming and outgoing email directories within the data portion of your game.... if you start moving files manually it will do crazy %@#%@ things... Remember to turn it off if you need to do anything manually... Once you get use to it, it is a real time saver, I have a dozen games going and I never touch a file.... it does all the cleanup, etc....
Thank you Fredrocker.
Question: what is exactly "appropriate drop box locations"?

This is what I had:
H2HH showing: " game: Cargol vs ID 2vol / status: waiting / 15 hours/ File: 2/ last action: - / chat : empty"
If I click on chat, it returns: "The game does not have a dropbox, so no chat"

The dropbox folder in my document has the following:
Folder: Cargol vs id
In this folder: it used to have only the first file that was sent by Cargol into this folder and two chat files.
The first file is : Cargol vs ID 2vol 001.ema
(the two chat files are coded H2HH files)

I manually copied that file into my incoming email folder (thus later H2HH did pick up that file and created that game as I just mentioned above), then I played my turn (purchase turn). And clicked red button (it didn ot crash this time, for good budda's sake), then H2HH changed its status into the line I listed above, but the dropbox folder "Cargol vs id" still only contains the same files (no second turn file). That is why I figure it is due to the name difference, H2HH could not locate the folder to do that job.

And this is what I did after reading your post:
I turned off h2hh.
I manually copied the second turn file from my outgoing email folder into the dropbox folder "Cargol vs id"
now this folder contains two game files:
Cargol vs ID 2vol 001.ema
Cargol vs ID 2vol 002.ema
(and the two same chat files)

My incoming email folder contains one file:
~Cargol vs ID 2vol 001.ema

My outgoing email folder contains one file:
Cargol vs ID 2vol 002.ema

However, when I start H2HH again, it still shows exactly the same info as before (the first few lines I wrote up there). It still could not recognize the dropbox folder.

So I must have done something wrong. Please advice :) Thank you!

In H2HH right click on the Cargol vs ID 2vol game... goto Edit Game and remap The Game File Folder to the dropbox location which is located...

db.jpg

YOU ARE MAGIC!!! :)

It seems to work now, it picked up the folder and now I can chat with Cargol through H2HH ...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... kiss! :)

Ok, thank you ... but I save the kiss ;D

Cargol, I think we are fine with H2HH now, with the help of fredrocker, I put the file in the right dropbox for over 2 days now, did you pick up? Please drop a line here. Thank you buddy! :)

Yeah got it been busy those last few days.
I m working on it.

Back
Top Bottom