eniced73

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 3.16GHz
Memory: 6.00 GB of RAM
Video Cards: EVGA GeForce GTX 470 SuperClocked
Mother Board: EVGA nForce 750i SLI
Direct X: 11.0

I have playing around with the settings in the game options and am curious as to what you guys are running. I listed my specs above. Hopefully someone has something comparable to give me some information. I am looking for what you guys consider optimal settings between Frames per Sec. and Graphical quality. I am running some tests now and will post what I find out. If anyone already has some data on this please post. Thanks.

Processor: Intel Quad Core i7 920 @ 2.79 Ghz
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX580
Motherboard: Gigabyte X58
DirectX: 11.0

Also tweak a number of graphical settings via Nvidia control panel. Everything maxed out comfortably. Only wish I could turn off the lower resolution separate distance textures.

Processor: Intel Quad Core i7 920 @ 2.79 Ghz
Video Card: Gigabyte GTX580
Motherboard: Gigabyte X58
DirectX: 11.0

Also tweak a number of graphical settings via Nvidia control panel. Everything maxed out comfortably. Only wish I could turn off the lower resolution separate distance textures.

What kind of FPS are you getting?

Tested on a busy PBEM game turn. Arty, tanks and infantry all firing at once.

About 20-24. Not ideal but I've never seen CM mission as a game where you must have huge frame rates to enjoy. There isn't exact timings to mast during combat like in a FPS or racing game. Also running pretty much every graphics mod under the sun. :p

Tested on a busy PBEM game turn. Arty, tanks and infantry all firing at once.

About 20-24. Not ideal but I've never seen CM mission as a game where you must have huge frame rates to enjoy. There isn't exact timings to mast during combat like in a FPS or racing game. Also running pretty much every graphics mod under the sun. :p

Can you shoot me the turn? I would like to get a comparison to see where I am runnning.

I use the settings here http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=97425

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.2 GHz (Overclocked to 3.44)
16 GB of RAM
GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1.5 GB on board)
MSI 870A-G54 Gaming Motherboard
Direst X 11.0
SB X-Fi Extreme Audio (7.1 Setup)

I run CMx2 Product with everything Max-d out... but I use the Settings as described in the Thread above and it looks great...

FPS is usually around 28-32

Hope this helps

Okay this is a little weird. Installed new CW module and I've seen a big improvement in Graphics.

Played the same turn that I've been using in the above tests with FRAPS measuring the frame-rate. Before patch saw results of around 20 - 24 FPS with all mods installed. After patch and CW installed without mods I'm now getting an average result of 29.5 FPS. A big improvement. Then a reinstalled all the same mods and the frame-rate jumped to 31 FPS. ???? The increase of available RAM the game draw on to 4GB makes a big difference for me.

Okay this is a little weird. Installed new CW module and I've seen a big improvement in Graphics.

Played the same turn that I've been using in the above tests with FRAPS measuring the frame-rate. Before patch saw results of around 20 - 24 FPS with all mods installed. After patch and CW installed without mods I'm now getting an average result of 29.5 FPS. A big improvement. Then a reinstalled all the same mods and the frame-rate jumped to 31 FPS. ???? The increase of available RAM the game draw on to 4GB makes a big difference for me.

When you installed did you do a separate install? Or did you just rename the 1.01 exe. file and then install the module to the same file?

Just the usual installer no seperate install to keep 1.01. The PBEM was already complete no real issue - game plays the same just some of the sounds are messed up. No issue with games started after CW and patch install. Got your PM but just got to work, will email tonight.

Facing from E to W from the wheat fields into the village. I have both graphic settings to Best (Highest setting). I am getting around 18-19 FPS. If I shut off the 'shadows' I get an extra 10-15 FPS up to 30-15 FPS. Toggling off the other items did not seem to have that much of a difference. I need to look at my nvidia settings. They are all set to stock. I never changed anything on them.

Keep in mind theres a big difference between the GTX470 and GTX580. My tampering with the Nvidia control panels provides a crisper picture, especially for close ups without any real hit to the FPS.

Back
Top Bottom