Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Owl's new tourney: Forgotten City

P

PoorOldSpike

Owl just sent me the following mail, he can't find the new FGM yet and I don't know how to attach his scen file to this post, so in the meantime til Bootie gets back mail Owl to sign up and get the file. Here's what he said:-

I can't post at the FGM forum, so maybe you can post it for me there:
I developed an Winter tournament and FGM members are welcome!
The information is on the Blitz forum and volunteers need only to post there or send me a mail.

Owl Winter Tournament: Forgotten City

Hello CM friends

The upcoming period with X-mas & New Year, there will be some spare time for an extraordinary operation. I invite you to participate, but fast & reliable returners only! You have to play the scenario as the Axis and also as the Allied player but against an different opponent. The two results in % will be counted together and the player with the highest score of the 2 operations will be immortal in the history of the Blitz & FGM! Start of the tournament 22 November, battles finished not later then the 1st of March 2010. The scenario is attached so you can start your rehearsels!

So send me a mail you will fight!

bj04@xs4all.nl

Greets Owl

Title: Forgotten City

Type: Meeting Engagement

Date: February, 1943

Region: Central

Weather: Mixed

Terrain: Snow

Turns: 3 battles, 20 turns each variable

Best played: 2 players only

Author: Bert “OWL” Wijnhoud

In February 1943, German and Russian High Commands ordered massive troop movements through the area. Both, however, forgot to direct units to the area surrounding the city of Tsarvary. German recce units and local partisan elements scouting the area, alerted their commanders that the city of Tsarvary, including it´s modern railroad station and the multiple bridges over the river Altokw were unsecured and could be seized with very little effort if they moved quickly!

German and Russian High Command ordered an immediate advance of one mobile company(+) size force in the direction of the ''Forgotten City'' with the mission to seize it, before the enemy could react!

Remark:
Be aware, there are already German scout and partisan elements in the area and it's possible your line of departure is already under observation of the enemy!

Back