Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Partisans 1941

Gnarly

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Just released, but sound like its got a few janky/wonky bugs to iron out.

Looks like it will scratch my Commandos/XCOM real-time tactical itch quite nicely.

I'll just copy paste what I told Vart. I bought in on release:

"it's pretty good. i like it so far. i wouldn't recommend picking it up right now as there are some bugs that need to be addressed. after a couple patches i would say it's a definite title to pick up. there's a cool base building component/management (it's pretty simple, so there's no in depth management type stuff) that happens between missions. basically, when out on a mission you can acquire food and other resources that will go to your camp stash upon mission completion. you have to make sure you have enough food and resources to feed your partisans and continue to expand the camp with more capabilities. the looting system is good, but needs some polish imo. can't stack certain items which can be annoying. i like that ammo is somewhat scarce, so you need to be mindful of when to go loud because firefights can burn through ammo real quick. each partisan also has a skill system that you can level up as the partisan gains experience. however, you can't select which character will be which type of role. each partisan has their specific skill tree, and you just level that up. wish you could determine who was going to be what kind of role. no real issues with gameplay. it plays pretty similar to desperados, but not as slick. there's less feedback, i.e. you won't see the noise range on a gun in partisans like you can in desperados. i don't mind that at all because gun=loud. really like the art direction.

story so far is pretty good. i have some beefs with it mainly due to its rose colored glasses about the soviet era. for instance, one of the partisans asks how one of their countrymen can work for the germans and turn on his own people to bully and oppress them. i was just like bro, your fellow soviet comrades were already doing that well before the germans arrived. if the game had any balls, the ending would have all of them arrested after the war and shipped off to the work camps like what happened in real life. two of the main characters would certainly have suffered that fate, as they were captured by the germans but later escaped. the devs seem pretty open to critiques and suggestions, so we'll see how it all shakes out. oh yeah, and it has a showdown mode like desperados, which is handy. it doesn't totally pause time, like in d3, but slows it down enough so you can sync up actions.all in all i give it a B+ right now. needs some improvement, but is definitely enjoyable and i don't regret buying it."

I'm about halfway into it, but have now been completely sucked into the black hole that is Starsector. If you're looking for a stealth RTT to play while you wait for Partisans to be polished, buy Desperados 3. Now. It's awesome.

Edited to add: When/if you pick up Partisans, be sure you change the character voice over to Russian with English subs in the options. Not only is it more realistic, but the English voice over is bad.

Last edited:
Back