PBEM Opponent wanted! Scenarios preferred!

W

Walter Shumate

Finally I got my copy of CMFI. And of course I am looking for some PBEM action. I would like to play 1 or 2 scenarios as germans against the americans.
If interested just drop me a line and get this started....

I'm presently designing an scenario if you're interested in helping me to play test it.

Sure! I am very interested indeed! But I have to admit that this would be one of my first games in CMFI. I hope I can switch back to non-bocage-countryside...

Well well! Looking forward to this :). You want some other scenario until then DasTiger?

Got the hard part done....the map. Well post a picture of it later.
I really like CMFI in that you can superpose a bmp file drawing into the map editor. Plus the auto fence and road maker/feature...has a few bugs in it, but overall works well.
Never have done a withdrawn victory condition, need to read the manual on that part.
Planning to half the OOB's and cut the battle from an all day-er to 2.5 hours.
Americans land with whole battalion, platoon of M4's, two batteries. They only weak point was there was only one FO. When they lost the FO's radio, that was the turning point in the whole engagement, plus friendly fire by A26's wiping out they last 105mm battery didn't help either.

Here two photos of the map.
CMFortressItaly2012-08-2113-07-40-34.jpg

This one is looking westward towards the frontline(about 10km to the west). Americans are holding Mount Cipolla, between the Brolo and Naso rivers. This was the best chance the Allies had in the whole Sicily campaign to really hurt the Germans by cutting off 29th Panzer Grenadier regiment, from retreating eastwards. The northern coastal highway was they only route out and they had to drive past Mount Cipolla.
CMFortressItaly2012-08-2113-08-08-67.jpg

This photo is looking southwards, you can see either Brolo and Naso rivers to either side of Mount Cipolla. There another road close to south edge of the map, but it under direct observation from Mount Cipolla. PAtton picked an excellent location to block the retreating Germans.
Found a few WWII pictures of north coast of Sicily to assist me with creating this map. I was surprise by how many beach homes were along highway 113. This will greatly assist the Germans in closing in on the Americans no doubt.
The map is 2km x 1.5km.

OK Scenario is completed in a draft form. No description yet.
I'm need to set up dropbox with Walter.
Will email both of you scenario description, OOB's and reinforcement.
Please remember this is a draft, will need modifying and balancing.
We're will be mirror fighting this too.
Thanks again to both of you

Sounds great! And looks fantastic! Got your dropbox invite and will do my first turn ASAP...

I found one big error so far...I forgot to add the coastal railroad onto the map....oops. I'm need to go back and fix that.
Walter and Das Tiger, please email all your thoughts on the scenario and map.

Added the coastal railroad line, modified the map's terrain somewhat.
Rethinking the OOB's, may some changes to the German's OOB, will wait until first set of games are over, before doing more.
If is a huge scenario, thanks again to Walter and Das Tiger for they assistance.

Lighthorse, right now I got some problems running the scenario. I seems the scenario is a bit to big for my Mac (although I played bigger ones). I will try the scenario this weekend on my PC and then I will give you my feedback. Sorry for the delay.

She is huge, but if you can make the fat lady sing, great. If not, maybe I need to try something smaller.

Lighthorse I am sorry to say, that it is nearly impossible for me to test this scenario. The game is running slow and I is a pain in the #### to just move the camera around. I had similar problems with another battle invoving some steep hills. I guess I have to get a new computer as my hardware is now quite old. Sorry for the inconvinience!

Walter are you up for scenario? Im trying to play all of stock scenario with H2H, them I have a few of them that I wanna play. I wanna play as Italian in Scenarios that have them to choose, with HG our PzGiers you choose, allies our Axi

Hey Aulette, I am still up for a scenario. Just choose one with me as americans and share a dropbox folder with me. Looking forward to this :)

Casa Nostra waiting you on our new aulettevsShumate folder. check your mail. GL

Back
Top Bottom