[PIC GALLERY] Cars

Louis

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Castelar, Buenos Aires Province, Argentina.
Developed by engineer Karl Schlör as a german prototype aerodynamic vehicle, the ‘Schlörwagen’ embodied the peak of automotive innovation in 1930s germany. With its peculiar teardrop shape, the car made headlines at the 1939 berlin auto show but was quickly dismissed for being impractical, unattractive, and unsafe for driving. After fitting it with a russian aircraft engine and taking it for a test run in 1942, the Schlörwagen was eventually set aside and never made it to mass production.

xiiwkTu.jpg

Nathangun

FGM Brigadier
FGM MEMBER
Developed by engineer Karl Schlör as a german prototype aerodynamic vehicle, the ‘Schlörwagen’ embodied the peak of automotive innovation in 1930s germany. With its peculiar teardrop shape, the car made headlines at the 1939 berlin auto show but was quickly dismissed for being impractical, unattractive, and unsafe for driving. After fitting it with a russian aircraft engine and taking it for a test run in 1942, the Schlörwagen was eventually set aside and never made it to mass production.

xiiwkTu.jpg

It's like something from 'The Flintstones'.

I sold my 2010 Porsche BoxsterS a year ago, and replaced it with a VW Tiguan SUV. I thought I was tired of driving a stick. Now, when I see a Boxster on the road, I just shake my head. On the other hand, I am in the midst of moving to a new home, and the SUV is coming in handy. The trunk on the Porsche never would have sufficed.

For you blokes across the pond, the boot on the Porsche never would have sufficed. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: mTk

steve

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I are be currently driving this........

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
My brother-in-law sent me this link. All he said was "Turn Up the Volume!!"

Jul 26, 2015 • onboard lap of the historic Solitude race track in a 1970 Porsche 908-3 during the 2015 Solitude Revival.

The first reply I read sums it up for me.
“FF
I usually don't like this kind of videos - they get incredibly boring -, but I've got to admit that this one is really cool: beautiful car, beautiful sound, beautiful track, and beautiful drive! Great job, man: honestly, great job.”

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
My brother and I go to this auto museum in Newport Rhode Island where they change the cars to a new theme every quarter.
One time the theme was "Small Cars" which included The 1955 Messerschmitt KR-200.
It says the KR was very popular with the music and movie stars of the time and that Elvis Presley owned one.
The seats are front to back like an aircraft.

vfRlUTm.png

14kJutZ.jpg

Ssj5y48.jpg

0Sxdedp.jpg

UptsDCU.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom