Propose rule for all CMBN Campaigns

L

Lighthorse

Das Tiger ask for me to take over for him in Sid Kommen II, Doin Country fight, due to issues of game continue to crash.
I have tried repeatedly to process the file number 52 and 53/from Nort but everytime I try to saved , CMBN crashes on me.
All the other 16x CMBN 1.1v games I'm presenting playing, I never had the same issue with.

I propose for this campaign and all other campaigns that all players required to maintain CMBN at the highest version release by battlefront, otherwise they forfeit the match.

Note that battlefront release a free update version 1.1 to those who didn't purchased their Commonwealth module. Thus I cant see why no one doesn't update their CMBN to prevent game crashes.

They might not know that the patch is out. I'm playing one person who is still running v1.01 but I have 3 copies of CMBN on my computer...

By not patching up, it does cause the game to crash, on trying to save it to the next file, after your move.
And you know you have real issues, since during the play back, you receive weird sounds of rocket bombardment and heavy bombers flying over head.

I was in the middle of a game with a friend on 1.01 and when he got CW and I got 1.10 ( waiting for my paycheck to get CW ) I had this weird experience as well, the rocket sounds and the bombers, it's really annoying. Maybe there's a bug related to pbem files, I don't know. What would be your input on this, vets?

In the first couple of turns after changing from v1.01 to CW or v1.10 you'll get the rocket sounds and the bomber sounds. It will go away after a turn or two.

I was in the middle of a game with a friend on 1.01 and when he got CW and I got 1.10 ( waiting for my paycheck to get CW ) I had this weird experience as well, the rocket sounds and the bombers, it's really annoying. Maybe there's a bug related to pbem files, I don't know. What would be your input on this, vets?

Don't worry Matt, this is my planes that come closer, next turn you will understand the sound : )

No. It's caused by BF making a crappy upgrade.

Just for your info, I purchased 1.1 as soon as it was announced. This problem had no issue at all with the lack of not having 1.1. It has to do with, for some strange reason, starting a game in 1.01 and switching to 1.1 and something in the file causing it to corrupt and not allowing it to be upgraded from that moment forward. BF's work around is to just finish the game in 1.01. This is a BF issue. Not a lack of upgrading to 1.1. I also was running a large number of games when the upgrade came out. I had the screaming plane sounds on everyone of them (which went away) and the inability to upgrade on 2 games. In one game me and my opponent gave up and the other one was this game mentioned here.

I sense your frustration. Please imagine mine over the lack of planning on BF's front over this. Take a look at their forum under support for "red button crashes". How in the hell they couldn't think that existing email games and the problems with upgrading them to 1.1 wouldn't be an issue, baffles me.

P.S. The reason I asked you to take over was because mTk was leaving town and his replacement refused to load 1.01 to finish the game. I thought that you and Nort could maybe upgrade the file to 1.1 and finish it. I was wrong.

I think it best that when mTk gets back from vacation that he and I finish the game.

Thanks for explaining in details to me and I feel your frustration my friend.
From what I view in the game files us send me, that the game was processing nicely.
But since I had 1.1 and so did Nort, you're right the file would crash on us.
Hopefully mTk will have to much sun, surf and booz that it will throw off his CM game.

Don't worry Matt, this is my planes that come closer, next turn you will understand the sound : )

Well, since there is nothing worth destroying in my green panzertruppen formation, I guess they'll just strafe and go...far away, taking my victory with them... ( weeps in a corner )

Thanks for explaining in details to me and I feel your frustration my friend.
From what I view in the game files us send me, that the game was processing nicely.
But since I had 1.1 and so did Nort, you're right the file would crash on us.
Hopefully mTk will have to much sun, surf and booz that it will throw off his CM game.

Yeah, it was proceeding great. The problem was that mTk was leaving for some R&R and we didn't think it would finish before the deadline for the tourney. And since the game was stuck in 1.01 we needed an Allied player to take it in 1.01. I thought that maybe you guys could upgrade to 1.1 but it obviously is a file corruption issue and not an issue with mine or mTk's version of the game. If we could find another Allied player to play in 1.01we could wrap it up. But if not maybe Fredrocker would allow a delay in the tourney until mTk gets back.

Back
Top Bottom