Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Question about the Manual

Shady Side

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I have a question that will show what a tech novice I am. I bought the big bundle for CMSF today and I got it up and running no problem. Thing is the manual did not download. I have a readme file. but i want the full manuel.. any ideals

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Combat Mission XXXXX\Ma

Mine is under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Combat Mission XXXXX\Man
Mine is under

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Combat Mission XXXXX\Manuals
unless they are the files with .brz at the end then i dont think they came with my download the way my other CM titles did...i got a short cut to 2 plain white readme files..........if they are the .brz files how do i open them......
thanx for the help

I have a question that will show what a tech novice I am. I bought the big bundle for CMSF today and I got it up and running no problem. Thing is the manuel did not download. I have a readme file. but i want the full manuel.. any ideals
Do you have the Steam versions or bought it from Battlefront? In the latter case the manuals are here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Cold War, and so on for the other games.

battlefront... are the manuals the files that end in .brz and if so how do i open them..... it did not create a shortcut to them on my desktop the way i am used to.... and i am tech challenged.. lol

The manuals are .PDF files. If you don't have Acrobat Reader, it is a free download program to read this kind of file.

Attachments

• manuals.jpg
    manuals.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 3
The manuals are .PDF files. If you don't have Acrobat Reader, it is a free download program to read this kind of file.
appartently i chose the option to download it without the manual.... so i can ask battlerount for a link...or maybe downnload the demo... it comes with manuals... dont want the demo but suppose i can delete it after i get the manuals...

Do you have the same file structure as in the attatchment but without manuals? Never seen an option to download without manual, it would be a stupid option for the customer. Did you install the games in the location suggested by the installer?

There shouldn't be a full game download without the manuals.

Maybe you downloaded a patch only?

Lets just calm down everyone. :) It was obviously a typo and joke response but @Shady Side the other members are trying to help you out. Please note this a community site and not the official Battlefront website. If you wish to directly ask Battlefront you'll need to use their forum: https://community.battlefront.com/

5vtibs.jpg

Lets just calm down everyone. :) It was obviously a typo and joke response but @Shady Side the other members are trying to help you out. Please note this a community site and not the official Battlefront website. If you wish to directly ask Battlefront you'll need to use their forum: https://community.battlefront.com/

5vtibs.jpg
yes sir they are and i have always tell them i appreciate it... because it is not the first time i have ask on here and and you guys have always been good enough to help a tech challenged old feller like me.... there was however one who only wanted to help with my grammer....which i admit i might have went overboard on......though i did try to keep it rated P.G...... usually in my real life it aint P.G.....I do apologize if i offended anybody though..
by the way big fan out your youtube channel ... have not seen u post much lately though

Do you have the same file structure as in the attatchment but without manuals? Never seen an option to download without manual, it would be a stupid option for the customer. Did you install the games in the location suggested by the installer?
yes... i just let the installer do its thing.....i think i have looked though everything....i dont have them Screenshot 2021-11-28 112856.pngthe 2 plain white readme files is all it installed.. all the red and white pdf ones are from games i already had

Last edited:
Right click on the shortcut for one of the manuals that you're missing. In the dialog box that opens chose "Properties". In the properties there is info about which folder the shortcut "points to". Go to that folder, and if there is no manual there (.pdf), then there is actually something missing. Maybe something about the big bundle you bought is missing some files. Wors case scenario I can send all the manuals to you. Just drop me a message.

Right click on the shortcut for one of the manuals that you're missing. In the dialog box that opens chose "Properties". In the properties there is info about which folder the shortcut "points to". Go to that folder, and if there is no manual there (.pdf), then there is actually something missing. Maybe something about the big bundle you bought is missing some files. Wors case scenario I can send all the manuals to you. Just drop me a message.
thanks buddy i found them..... for whatever reason it did not create a shortcut ...... and i am a novice at using these new fangled computer boxes the young folks invented a while back.... thanks again

Back