Question on CMBN Squad Movement Tactics

L

Lighthorse

I have a problem in how my infantry squads move forward. Its one man in the lead with everyone following behind him in a long column. I would prefer to spread them out into a long line, as they advance forward, to minimize causalities from machine-gun and indirect fire.
Is the a command or setting in CMBN for this?
Tried split the squad up into two to three fireteam and placing them side by side, but this weaken they morale and firepower, and they still move forward in two or three mini-columns.
What am I doing wrong?
Any suggestion please?

Lighthorse

Unfortunatley that is how they move for all orders except Slow and Assault... If I am getting towards a potential enemy occupied zone I always go with Assault... otherwise I make sure I do some good scouting before have the bowling pins walk into an ambush...

Pretend it is a "fear of land mines" thing. If the first guy makes it, the rest think they will too.

I might be a little late to the show, but as infantry movement go's there are 3 ways to move.

Traveling - Used when no enemy contact is expected
Traveling Overwatch - Used when enemy contact is probable
Bounding Overwatch - Used when enemy contact is expected

Traveling is the Fast, Quick and Move commands
Traveling overwatch is best simulated with a squad/team using the hunt command while another overwatches
The assault command uses bounding overwatch

I could get more technical but those are the basis. (Sometimes rules are meant to be broken though).
We always had a simple answer to most tactical questions in the US Army, that being everything is METT-TC (Mission, Enemy, Terrain and weather, Troops and support available, Time available and Civilians on the battlefield) dependent

Don't forget to split your squads...the line(s) will be shorter!

Back
Top Bottom