Question...

Sempai

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
...What is the best term for a school/academy/university where military officers will trained and teached? I´ve a few terms - Military Academy, Officers School, Service Academy. What`s the best? And is there a special term for an school, university or academy where ensigns will teached and trained? In German it would be the Junkerschule. Can´t find a concrete answer. Please tell me Your suggestions!

Greetings and thanks!

The full title of Sandhurst, where the british army train their officers is The Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, so I'd say Military Academy is good, i believe the americans call west point a Military Academy aswell

In what language?
In Serbia we call that "Vojna akademija", which translates as "Military Academy"...

Though here in Canada it is the Royal Military College in Kingston Ontario.

Thank You guys! Will take the Military Academy. :) And Zaraza - You´re right - but I thought it is an english Wargaming Club so the members know I mean the english language if I don´t ask explicit for another language. And if I should make a scenario from Serbia - You´ll be my first adress if I have questions. :)

Greetings

Military Academy and Service Academy are interchangeable.

@iron mike: That I tought to me. But I want to know what is more in use. I think I´ll stick to the Military Academy because it is more akin with/to the german terms. So it is easier for me to remember. Thank You for the information!

regards :)

as..in...Air Force Academy....Naval Academy or Army Academy

Back
Top Bottom