Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Question

Sempai

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I currently read a book of Howard Spring. I come across the term "Castle" I don´t understand in this constellation. Sure, "Castle" means "Schloß" oder "Burg" in German. But it seems it is meant different. Can it be that "Castle" has something to do with the MI6 or similar services?

Greetings

It is "My Son, my son", originally titled as "O Absalom". In German it is "Geliebte Söhne" (Beloved Sons). The book is a really good read and goes about the life, deeds, luck and bad luck of life. The sentence about the "Castle" is only a side note but has something to do with the Ministry of Propaganda and/or the Intelligence Service or News Service, I think. That isn´t really clear for me. Maybe the "Castle" is a synonym for the building where he works for the ministry/service?

Greetings

I currently read a book of Howard Spring. I come across the term "Castle" I don´t understand in this constellation. Sure, "Castle" means "Schloß" oder "Burg" in German. But it seems it is meant different. Can it be that "Castle" has something to do with the MI6 or similar services?

Greetings
A Castle can be an idiom for a place of work, typically the head office. In Australia, we used it to describe the head office for the mining company.

Ah, that could be! That makes sense. Very good hint, comrade ChuckDyke! Thank You!

Greetings
I understand Kamerad, the sort of person you share your room with. Zimmer is the German word, but the old Latin is Camera. :2charge:

Back