Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Relief of Army GRP North

D

DoC844

Just thought i would get this little AAR going just to have a practise of the whole mechanics for doing screenies and AARs for CMRT.

This is the opening scenario Clearing the Way where the Germans have to cut off the russian spearhead and open up a route to the surrounded armies. As I get more used to how the mechanics work Ill make it more interesting with some text. Hope you enjoy.

So this is a few turns in and my initial recon push.
capture_001_08072015_152136.jpg

And my scheme of manouevre
capture_001_08072015_152136.jpg scheme of manouvre.jpg
As you can see I need to have a play about with IfranViewer to get the hang of doing arrows and text lol
A little russian column that got itself ambushed.
capture_002_08072015_152305.jpg

Sneaky and very brave lone russian that was sneaking up on my Panther in the village.
capture_005_08072015_160036.jpg
Now very dead the poor brave bastard.
capture_007_08072015_160053.jpg
An SMG squad further back on the track that was ambushed by my Tank Hunter team.
capture_004_08072015_154642.jpg
A nice overview of how things stand
capture_008_08072015_160742.jpg
But I am adjusting my operational plan. Using my half track on the right as bait (red circle) I pushed it forward and received no incoming fire from the tree line (blue line), so now using the dead ground just in front of the village im going to push my infantry up quick in their half tracks then de-bus ready for the assault with Panthers on overwatch and area fire.
new plan.jpg

So as my Panther moved up on the right MY TC was hit by some very accurate LMG fire.
capture_010_08072015_165736.jpg
But my Panther to the left of the town popped the armoured car with a nice shot
capture_011_08072015_165753.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
capture_012_08072015_165816.jpg
My position now, just look at that traffic jam at the back {sigh}
capture_013_08072015_170322.jpg
Troops move into position on the right for the assault into the town covered by a 120mm barrage on the town itself.
capture_014_08072015_173844.jpg

A Scout team hidden on the corner of a wood opens up and causes some casualties.
capture_016_08072015_173923.jpg
Suppressing fire lays in and assault teams move up.
capture_017_08072015_174749.jpg
SU 76 spotted to the East of the town.
capture_018_08072015_174837.jpg

Attachments

• capture_016_08072015_173923.jpg
    capture_016_08072015_173923.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 5
Ah roger that i'll use phtobucket from now on. :);)

Never really used photobucket before but OMG it is so much easier. Everydays a school day. :singer:

Now lets see if i have got the hang of this photobucket.

So as along the tree line another SU76 is spotted.

"Gunner, 300 metres, tank destroyer, Feuer"

"Ah good shooting Hans"

Near the village the assault grenadiers close in

"kamerad, Stalin Kaputt, kamerad"

!!!!!!CRASH!!!!!!!

"Schiesser, what was that, ah another little ficker, GUNNER, traverse left, TD, feuer"

"no target, no target, i cant see him"

"god damn it Gruber get a grip, 400 metres, bottom of two trees"

"WHAAANG!!!!!!"
"It bounced, Gruber get that gun going, NOW!!!!!!"

"Scheisser you missed"

"WHAAANG!!!!!!"
"I swear to god gruber if we get killed by an su76 ill kill you all over again myself"

"Thats more like it"

In the centre, "Ok lads get ready, Willy dish out the grenades" "Um Hauptmann, I forgot to pack them"
"Vhat"
"I forgot Hauptmann, im sorry"
"youve got point u no good little sheisse"

"Aaaaarghhh, Willy you -------"

On a serious note, those chaps were given an assault order so why didnt they throw grenades first then move into the position, is there a better way of doing it. HELP PLEASE.

On the right flank a russian MG team play cat and mouse with a Panther.

The cat wins lol.

Willy and his kameradens stupid death is soon avenged

But as the final assault goes in on the town the last surviving SU76 has his day

The Panzer Platoon commander gets hit in the soft flank and brews up. Poor sod the shot wasnt even meant for him, the 76 was shooting at the Panther in front. Poor buggers.
But the 76 is soon sent to follow the dead german commander to valhalla as their b*****s.

First Obj. taken, push into wood edge then re-org and QBO's then vorwarts again.

Well after the massive snarl up of traffic German forces are finally getting into their jump off points for the final assault.

The recce's push out but!!!!!
SNIPER

And with that single shot still ringing the ball opens and a hidden AT gun ambushes an HQ half track

On a serious note, those chaps were given an assault order so why didnt they throw grenades first then move into the position, is there a better way of doing it. HELP PLEASE.

Press 'J' to fire briefly at target for 15 seconds, press J again to fire for 30 seconds and so on, Press 'P' the pause command for the same length of time you want to fire briefly then give the movement order. If I'm right, grenade range is around 30 meters. Try it out and let me know if it works.

Thanks for the info Nathangun, I will be/have been trying different methods, I havent given up on my AAr its just that im running out of infantry so taking the last town is proving problematic lol.

When you do try it, if in this or another battle let me know.
Quite strange actually because i tried it on CMBS, just got that as well lol, and i had 2 fire teams providing base of fire on an enemy scout team in a building. I then had another team flank round to the right and stop short and begin the fire briefly command and to top it off I had a 4th FT on the extreme right hooking round and putting in fire. So i thought yeah those guys have got to be surpressed so for the next turn 3 FT's were told to fire briefly for 30 secs and then my closest more central fire team went in to clear the room and lo and behold as they got to the door about 3 secs after the fire support lifted 3 of them got machine gunned through the door then the last 2 ruskies legged it out the back, They got gunned down by my most right flanking team bu tits not the point. All that fire power and 3 men still died needlessly.

Its a bit strange that Battlefront devs didnt actually make a proper breach and assault command, thats the whole point of surppressing the enemy so you can manouevre close then lob in grenades and clear up with automatic fire, this running/walking through a door and not getting the drop on the enemy is a tad annoying. I can understand that if you balls up your surpressing fire then the enemy will have time to recover and you will take casualties but the whole assault phase just doesnt fit right. Shame really.

Back