Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Ribbons Poll #2

How to display ribbons/medals...

• Smaller Ribbons

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Small medals (you can get more in a row)

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Square icons...

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other idea... specify?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok judging by the kickback in the other forum it appears we want to keep our ribbons., It defines FGM as a site and shows the longevity and commitment of our members.

There IS going to have to be a compromise however. The current ribbons are too big to have any future. Im looking at the next few years not just now and for some of us our ribbons as they are now will have people scrolling down reams of pages so we have to compromise... there is no way around it.

So... options are....

I don't see the problem at all. My ribbon fits in AOK! :D

Time for a story!
I went to college at the US Naval Academy at Annapolis (Free! Thank you USA). The summer between your 1st year and 2nd year you go on a training cruise. I was scheduled to go to a frigate in Florida. But she had an engineroom fire and cancelled all midshipmen training cruises. So instead I got sent to lovely Beirut, Lebanon the summer of 1983 when the international groups were pulling out the PLO. Well, this was quite an adventure for a young 18 year-old and when I returned to the academy that fall I was called up in front of my unit and awarded the "Naval Expeditionary Medal" and got to wear a ribbon. My 1 ribbon and I was the envy of many. Just about everybody would have none at all for the entire 4 years. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the ribbons, so if you have to do anything I'd opt for smaller ones. Maybe another option is keeping the current size but setting a max of 24 and the user who has more than that can choose which ribbons are the most important to him or her. Just thinking out loud.

How about a maximum number of ribbons under the photo, say 3 or 4 rows of the most current and the rest on the profile page. The ribbons are cool! (did I just say cool? God I'm getting old)

Hey Bootie ... is it not true that if we displayed only ribbons for victories you would have less then half as many. ;)

LOL you are the owner you should give yourself one huge medal...King of everything !

@Bootie no doubts
COLO-R_zps1da02bcf.jpg

Or create new ribbons like

-old member
-hardcore member
-tourney meister
-top ranking member
-delete older ribbons (pre 2012/2013?)

Just som ideas... Ribbons that also show your "FGM" age/status

Back