Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Shock Force 2 Is it worth it ?

Kiroy93

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey

Holliday sale on steam will start within two days and CM:SF2 probably will be included in it so here is my question, Is it worth buying ?

What I am afraid is that on Multiplayer CM:SF2 don't have many players ready to play games with Blue vs Red mainly becaous Syrian forces are just simply overpoverd by NATO forces. On the other hand game seems to have alot of content for singleplayer.

Can anyone tell what is the quality olf scenerios and campaigns in SF and how popular multiplayer for it is in forum ?

Playing as the Syrians is tough, but I have won with them, and lost against them when playing human opponents. A lot depends on the scenario. @SlySniper ran a tournament here at the FGM where he created some challenging blue vs red scenarios. A few other members also ran CMSF2 campaigns, although I did not take part, and cannot comment on how enjoyable/competitive they were. Blue vs blue is one way to make things real interesting, given all the content. If you are looking for opponents, propose an interesting idea for a QB, and your sure to get someone to take you up on the challenge.

There are some scenarios where if you just charge in with the Americans thinking it's going to be easy, you will get your ass handed to you even by the Syrian AI. In any even match up yes, the NATO forces should clobber the Syrians but there are plenty of scenarios that are balanced and either side can win.

Playing NATO versus other NATO could be great fun if it wasn't for ATGM bugs...

Most of the time I am not a fun of playing red vs red or Blue vs Blue but i heard that irregulars vs syrian army is fun but I have never heard about ATGM's bugs. What do you have exactly in mind ?

Most of the time I am not a fun of playing red vs red or Blue vs Blue but i heard that irregulars vs syrian army is fun but I have never heard about ATGM's bugs. What do you have exactly in mind ?

IIRC. At least the Dutch ATGM always misses when the target is at higher elevation. Something like that.

Playing as the Syrians is probably my favorite part. Nothing like trying to make the underdog work.

Make sure to get the modules of Shock Force too to get the most out of it. You can either play blue on blue or red on red....there are no boundaries in multiplayer. Playing as syrians is very challenging and you have to be very defencively but it can work out. Either way you can discuss certain rules with your opponent like that the US/Nato is forbidden to take Abrams/Bradleys/High tier tanks with them.

Usually though it works better in scenarios where NATO has to hold on onto some ROE (Rules of Engagement) like sparing some city blocks with HE bombardments, while the syrians strive to do the most damage they can.

The most fun though might be playing blue on blue for me. Revive some old rivalries between the british forces and the Wehrma...ehm...Bundeswehr. :D

Make sure to get the modules of Shock Force too to get the most out of it. You can either play blue on blue or red on red....there are no boundaries in multiplayer. Playing as syrians is very challenging and you have to be very defencively but it can work out. Either way you can discuss certain rules with your opponent like that the US/Nato is forbidden to take Abrams/Bradleys/High tier tanks with them.

Usually though it works better in scenarios where NATO has to hold on onto some ROE (Rules of Engagement) like sparing some city blocks with HE bombardments, while the syrians strive to do the most damage they can.

The most fun though might be playing blue on blue for me. Revive some old rivalries between the british forces and the Wehrma...ehm...Bundeswehr. :D
hey @Brille which one is best force do u think..... my top three are US, Germany, and Dutch...... but not in that order.... what do u think

hey @Brille which one is best force do u think..... my top three are US, Germany, and Dutch...... but not in that order.... what do u think
Haven´t played the dutch that often so I don´t know about them...but since they have the Leopard they can´t be that far off. :D

The best all around force clearly goes to the US. Strong tanks, strong IFVs and strong infantry due to massive firepower from bodycount, grenade launchers and (optional) Javelins.
Germany comes second. The Leopard 2 A6 seems to outperform the Abrams and Challenger 2, at least in my matches. And these fast firing 20mm on Marder and Wiesel are just nice.

Sadly the Brits dissapoint me a bit. Yeah they have those Javelins too and the Challenger 2 is not a bad tank but I just can´t get behind those warriors. These 3-shot rarden canons may have some punch but at the time they got a few rounds out, they already have taken several hits by any conventional auto canon. They are just so slow to deliver their "goods". Plus they don´t have the option in Shock force for a mounted atgm, which make them kind of useless against tanks. ( not that this is their intended role)

@Brille i dont wanna hijack the mans thread but we disagree.... but most probably do with me on this

1-Dutch.. Leo2A6 is at least as good as Abrams..... but maybe a smidgeon better hard to compare Bradley to CV90.... but the CV90 really packs a punch I have taken out Abrams with it... YP-- whatever light A.P.C. is ... dont offer much protection but that autocannon is pretty handy... have the combo of CV90 and YP........ is about as good or equal to Bradley.... small arms are a wash..... of course the Javelin is a major leg up for the US..... but the Dutch share the German arty .. the Panzer-hal---........ .. even with average spotters that stuff is greased lightening fast and snipper rifle accurate.. more than makes up for lack of Ecalibur ammo, which is less impressive in SF2 than in BS

2-the US... everything u said about them is right......

3-Germany.. with 2 out of 3 things i just put the Dutch in the one slot being German systems u might wonder why I slot them below the US..... It is the Marder.... it just falls short on firepower protection spotting.. all of it... so because of it and Javelin .....

@Shady Side Like I've said I have no experience with the Dutch. I believe I've played one scenario with them but not much more.

But it would be interesting to know how you killed an Abrams with that. I believe they don't have an atgm option for that vehicle or do they?
Must be very lucky hits then. Or do you mean mobility kill?

The Marder might not have the protection of a Bradley but in my games they could shrug of shots from even 30mm rarden canons from the brits at a distance, while these Warriors could not deflect the hail of incoming 20mm rounds.
And their fire rate will come in handy especially in somewhat of an urban environment.
They snack down small buildings and walls in mere instances.

The atgm option is more of a downer however. Though it is nice to have at least something against tanks (and the Milan is not bad at that) you have to keep a minimal distance of 400m to actually use them. Plus since the launcher is not an integrated system the commander has to open the hatch to aim and reload the thing. Good opportunities for any enemies around to do some bad things to him.

With spotting I had actually no problems at all but nothing compares to the Bradley in that regards.

But I'm always open to do some German army vs US/Dutch army match up. :)

Last edited:
it would be interesting to know how you killed an Abrams with that.
Ok kids gather around and ole Shady will tell you short lil story about how I bravely and skillfully slayed the beast known as M1 Abrams main battle tank with a mere CV-90.... I will leave out the scarier parts of the tale and how the whole thing ended in a defeat for the hero in this battle. Tragically due mainly to my own lack of knowledge of the CV-90.

It happen like this, I was playing a meeting engagement. The map was a village that had bottlenecked entrances from both my side and my opponents. Both the entrance to the village and around the main objectives there was a tall wall in the way. Because of the force selection and because of the positions I wanted to take when I got to the village I had one column of troops being lead in by the Dutch YPR and that went just find the lil YPR has a 20mm (i think) autocannon with plenty of H.E. rounds and it was no trouble to use it to blow gaps in the wall to allow another route into town. Here is what I did not know at the time. I had seen where the CV-90 has a 40mm autocannon and I had one of those leading another column into town and was going to use that big ole 40mm gun to blow thru the wall.... And it did not knock the wall down. Confused I watched more closely on replay and could see rounds passing throw the wall.....and thru a wall a few hundred meters away... and into a house and out the back........ WTF.......... I thought and then I looked at the ammo, and found that its entire load out is APFSDS. Well come to find out that autocannon has a great rate of fire and that ammo is no joke against some targets but unfortunately they suck at knocking down walls and killing pixeltruppen in buildings. Well that had delayed my that column getting where I wanted it....and they got there about 90 seconds to late has it turned out.....

With about ..... call it 7 seconds left in a turn and my CV-90 setting just back from a 4 way corner at the end of a block. The Beast M1 Abrams lounged out passed the corner and slammed its breaks on and began swinging its turret towards the brave CV-90 crew.....at about 60 meters away. The angle it was setting meant about a 90 degree turn though and a much shorter turret for the hero of the story and just then out to the left of the Beast sitting in the intersection and a little further out and coming straight at me was a Bradley ... when the last second ticked off the clock the Bradley was just about to have his shot lined up the Abrams turret was spinning but he was in my crosshairs with my pixeltruppen just in the act of pulling the trigger....... and it being a h2h game ... 24 hours or so later.....

Before the clock had ticked down to 58 seconds the CV-90 was pumping 40mm steel darts into the flank of the Abrams and was being shot in the face by the Bradleys 30mm fire....... and the CV-90 survived long enough to kill the tank and had just began to turn its gun to the bradley when the 30mm fire finally began to get pentrating hits.. and before it could get any shots of ..... it finally died.... but it went down fighting..... i have to say........ I only wish they included some HE ammo for it....but there mech formations have 1 cv90 platoon and 2 ypr platoons per company...and i assume are meant to provide cover for vehicles while the ypr deals with any pesky enemy troops hanging around

Last edited:
Back