Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Norfolk

steve

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Thought I had posted about this already, but am currently on holiday in Norfolk Photo gallery below:

Thanks
Been here since Saturday before last.
Great little RAF museum at Blickling Hall, and lovely food at a 1940’s themed cafe called Poppylands ( see photos).
Also a copy of the Japanese surrender at the end of WW2 that I saw through the window of a closed antique shop.

Also,
Whilst in the bordering county of Suffolk in the beautiful seaside town of Southwold, I went into a Sailors reading room and took some photos, including one of Captain David Simpson who lost his life when his ship was torpedoed….

Research led me to this….

One survivor who clung to a potato locker until he was picked up
By another passing ship!

Steve

Last edited:
This holiday didn’t start out as planned because on the Friday afternoon before we were due to leave on the Saturday, we had no 12 volt power in the caravan meaning we had no water pump or internal lights.
Having checked that the caravan rear lights worked when connected to the car, we decided to head to Norfolk ( 4.5 hrs drive away), and call someone out to investigate the fault while we were here ( 2 weeks so no immediate rush).
Fault was discovered the PCB that controls the control panel ( power coming in to it but not going back out to the control panel), so we had that replaced and now all is okay.

Steve

Coming to the end of 2 weeks r n r which we have thoroughly enjoyed here in Norfolk, we leave for home in the morning.
Now enjoying a repeat of the 1983 documentary on I player called The Paras.
Well worth a watch if you can access it.

Hopefully the photo gallery was worth your time.

Steve

Got home at 3 pm
A43 was shut for road repairs for the whole weekend do we diverted the round the edge of Bedford to Milton Keynes and I had to drive round thousands of fekkin roundabouts!!
I have just written to Google Maps and told them that Milton Keynes must be renamed and from this time forward is to be known as:
“AT THE NEXT ROUNDABOUT TAKE THE SECOND EXIT TO REMAIN ON STANDING WAY”.

Steve

Back