So, who's going to win the football world cup ?

• Thread starter Bert Blitzkrieg
  • Start date
B

Bert Blitzkrieg

Of course I'm hoping for the Dutch, and I think they can go a long way, but looking at recent years Spain looks a hot contender ! Winning the last European Championship may have cured them form their choke affection when they have to really perform.

The Spanish look good, I think Brazil could make a bid, and something tells me despite their apparent lack of talent, never discount the Germans. England also have a decent chance with the squad they have, but how many times has that been said over the past few years... And you never know, Argentina might do something despite Maradona:)

Oh wait a minute, I'm supposed to pick a winner: Brazil.

If they would ever come to their senses and allow sticks to be used us Canadians would stand a chance.

If they would ever come to their senses and allow sticks to be used us Canadians would stand a chance.

You can. That game already exists: fieldhockey ! Some small differences with ice-hockey though...

Sad to say I'm not a big football fan, but I know England's manager is an Italian (Fabio Capello).
Why on earth didn't the Football Association appoint an englishman to do the job, are they mad?

Actually foreign managers for national teams have been quite common for some years now, just not for England

I am of course for the dutch! ;)

@Ratzki haha seen you canadians play that game of yours at kandahar. gets pretty tough sometimes ;) nice

Actually foreign managers for national teams have been quite common for some years now, just not for England

Why, is there no home-grown manager good enough to manage his country's team?
The English Football Association have been a bunch of incompetent politically-correct clowns for many years, first they sacked Sir Alf Ramsey after he won the World Cup, then they gave the job to a string of hopeless English managers over the years instead of appointing the great Brian Clough, then they began giving the job to foreigners (Sven Whatsisname and Capello)

I'm putting £10 on the Dutch to win, who at 10-1 in my view are a good bet.

Altough i d like to see a European country winning the trophy,i
think Argentina,even with Maradona as coach, has good chances of winning.

Argentina or Spain will win. Although Brazil will be in the mix and England have good chances.

They were just saving themselves! they don't want to peak too soon ;) you'll see they'll have timed it just right

Back
Top Bottom