Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[Software] Wargame

R

Rolling Thunder

[video=youtube;NVeNnQT7uF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVeNnQT7uF4[/video]

I'm not a RTS type guy, I don't think fast enough on the fly and my dexterity levels were never my strong point, even more so now that I'm over 30 ;-)

But I'm eyeing this one up and am going to keep an eye on the forum. After reading about it , seems to be very promising, but time wil tell.And will have to see if a computer with my specs will handle such a program with tens of kilometers of map and hundreds of units.

And it's only 39 bucks

http://www.wargame-ee.com/?xtor=AD-13

go into video about 22 mins for actual gameplay

Have played the first mission and lost ! Will try again later of course.

Impressions so far :

Positive : The map is huge and looks good. Unit models look OK. The gameplay is fairly straightforward so far.

Negative: The units move way too fast. And they have a very high rate of fire. Not in the same league as CMSF/CMBN, but then again what is?

Conclusion : Interesting game. Too early to to give it a thumbs up. The MP seems to be very active.

Thanks for the review.

There's a thread on Battlefront Normandy forum that's talking about it and seems to be mixed reviews.

And yes it seems the movement is too fast and the trigger fingers too heavy, but like some of them say for it's type it's rather fun.

And no it does not have the realism or are the tactics up to CMBN standards.

Some refer to it as "combat lite". Something to satisfy the "fix" without the cerebral undertaking needed for CMBN.

And some more...

Busy replaying the first mission again, game mechanics are extremely simple. Tell your units where to go and kill the enemy. After a firefight call in supply trucks to repair and re-supply. Then on again to the next lot of enemies.

I would go so far as to say its less involved than what World in Conflict was. So far none of the units have special abilities as their WiC counterparts.

In the first mission I am fighting my East German brothers - I have Leopard 1A1 tanks and some SPz II-2 Kurz recce vehicles.

One of the better recent rts releases I would say. Hopefully they can tone down the speed of the units and my tanks look pretty bland.

I am enjoying the fires that are being started in the fields by the burning East German vehicles. Does help with the immersion factor.

The tank gun sounds need some work though - sounds like lazers to me. In game music is OK.

Back