Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

State of the World

I agree 100%.
Well maybe except the money part ;)

Nice sig Ted, put a grin on my face.
But shouldn't you finish it something like...
is he in heaven
is he in a bog
that damned elusive Hedgehog

- Excerpts from the Scarlet Hedgehog
;)

@Gunner: Concerning Hedgehog´s signature: Even though You suggestion isn´t bad it would destroy the short- and crispness of the stanza already in use as signature.

Greetings

Ha! No I was not making a real suggestion that he change his signature.
I was making a joke, perhaps a poor one, thinking Hedgehog was actually making light of a story/poem called "The Scarlet Pimpernel" :

We seek him here,
We seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven? — Is he in hell?
That damned, elusive Pimpernel

"The Scarlet Pimpernel is a classic play and adventure novel by Baroness Emma Orczy, set during the French Revolution. It was first produced as a record-breaking play in an adaptation by Julia Neilson and Fred Terry.
The play first opened on 15 October 1903 at Nottingham’s Theatre Royal; it was not a success. But Terry had confidence in the play and, with a re-written last act, he took it to London where at the New Theatre on 5 January 1905 it began a run of 122 performances and numerous revivals. The novel became a runaway bestseller and Fred Terry had a hit, playing the Pimpernel for the rest of his life, on and off.

The story is seen as a precursor to the spy fiction and the superhero genres. It gave rise to numerous sequels, and has been adapted several times for television and film." -Wikipedia

The hero disguises himself as an upper class effeminate snob that no one could possibly suspect as being the man the Pimpernel is.

Here's Leslie Howard in the 1934 Classic film "The Scarlet Pimpernel" quoting the poem.

Reactions: mTk
Ha! No I was not making a real suggestion that he change his signature.
I was making a joke, perhaps a poor one, thinking Hedgehog was actually making light of a story/poem called "The Scarlet Pimpernel" :

We seek him here,
We seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
Is he in heaven? — Is he in hell?
That damned, elusive Pimpernel

"The Scarlet Pimpernel is a classic play and adventure novel by Baroness Emma Orczy, set during the French Revolution. It was first produced as a record-breaking play in an adaptation by Julia Neilson and Fred Terry.
The play first opened on 15 October 1903 at Nottingham’s Theatre Royal; it was not a success. But Terry had confidence in the play and, with a re-written last act, he took it to London where at the New Theatre on 5 January 1905 it began a run of 122 performances and numerous revivals. The novel became a runaway bestseller and Fred Terry had a hit, playing the Pimpernel for the rest of his life, on and off.

The story is seen as a precursor to the spy fiction and the superhero genres. It gave rise to numerous sequels, and has been adapted several times for television and film." -Wikipedia

The hero disguises himself as an upper class effeminate snob that no one could possibly suspect as being the man the Pimpernel is.

Here's Leslie Howard in the 1934 Classic film "The Scarlet Pimpernel" quoting the poem.

Yes I know it well Ted .......

Back