Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Stranded Deep

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So I thought I would give this game a go - its a man v nature type game where you survive a plane crash and find yourself ship wrecked on a desert island. From there it is basically get a stone, get a stick, get some twine, make an axe, cut down a tree etc etc.

Re61b3e33d9aca5207ec2799df00a3223.png

I found this game very formulaic and boring. You make a knife or a spear and after you use it so many times you have to build a new one... then you work your way up to hunting for food - crabs and fruit... lighting fires, cooking crabs until the little island you are on starts to run out of resources... then its into a dinghy avoiding sharks until you get to the next little island and rinse and repeat.

ss_de4753c2fd23f4af93578950f5e72fc8a0e5deff.1920x1080.jpg

The graphics arent bad even though the game was released in 2015 but overall I liked the initial concept but fairly quickly tired of the relentless crafting just too survive.

5e8bd75601a28f7c5dfae395_scene_1@2x.jpg

I mean its not that exciting when its a race to find a coconut before you die of thirst or you need to find a shadow before the sun fries you.

At the back of all this and your ticket to freedom is scavenging for bits to build a plane. I just survived a plane crash... the last thing I would wanna do is build a plane from rusty old bits and attempt to fly outta there... I would quite happily sit under a palm tree fishing while munching on crabs and drinking coconut juice and await a passing boat than risk going airborne again.

Stranded-Deep-PC-Gameplay.jpg

So yeah... rant over... not a great game. 2 out of 5 from me.

Bootie

I've played a survival game called The Long Dark, there's crafting and hunting but also bears and wolves to tear you apart, I really enjoyed it and the graphics are a nice pastel coloring.
The story mode is quite good as well.

the-long-dark-switch-review-900x506.jpg

Back