Switch of weapons, a CMBN bug

L

Lighthorse

I'm presently in a CMBN 2 player game, where something real strange happen. My Sniper team of two, both lose they weapons. The snipers loses his sniper rifle to be replace by pistol and spotter carrying a MP-40 loses it, get that's German assault rifle instead. I looked for any dropped weapons on the ground around them and there were none.

This is really weird, has this happen to anyone else?

The reason I notice this, it was a few turns before I had the sniper take out a few important targets, then I move him and was sighting in another target, but then I saw the pistol, instead of the sniper rifle.

Could the team switch their primary weapons to secondary weapon, if so what the command to switch back?

Confused and Wondering why...Lighthorse
:help:

Ammo depleted? If you took out a couple targets your sniper might have run out of rifle ammo, although that should only happen after maybe half an hour of continuous firing.

Thanks Earl of grey, but he still had 100x G43 sniper rifle rounds left.

Hm... no idea then. Try to replicate with other snipers, maybe there's indeed a pattern here.

I am doing a lot of testing on a project and have 100's of save files, I will check the Axis sniper equipment early and late... interesting discovery

Would be the first time I hear of actually modelling damage to wepaons, but it isn't out of the question - there's so much going on under the hoood we'll most likely never know everything.

I think I found out what happens to me.
I changed mod for displaying weapons, and I changed back to the original weapon display mod and the sniper rifle returned afterwards.
I must have changed weapon display mod for CMBN the first time, and noticed the missing sniper rifle.
So word to the wise, don't screw with CMBN by adding new mods, until you're done playing PBEM games.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions
Lighthorse
:RpS_tongue:

Back
Top Bottom