Taliban getting fed up

P

PoorOldSpike

tal1.gif

tal2.gif

Great article.

I like that the afghan government has formalized a process by which insurgents can reconcile.

Giving them options.

So instead of "Death or victory", now another option of reconciliation.

Will be interesting to see how many of them have the courage to give up their Jihad head****, and start serving their country for the first time in their lives. Who'll be able to give up their mindsets and change with the New Afghanistan? We'll see.

The Afghan people have never had it so good because the Coalition are giving them medical help and sundry items that they've never had before, for example there are videos showing how groups of smiling village kids descend on Coalition troops when they hit town, knowing they'll get candy bars and soda pop etc. One kid shouted "Please bring us some footballs next time!"
By contrast, their life under the strict fundamentalist Taliban was boring, so the Coalition are definitely winning the hearts and minds battle..:)

Medics, Afgh-
FemaleMedicsAfgh2003.jpg

Good article POS, but it is all based on us giving, When we are not there what will happen Then....That is the Question :peep:

I'm all for pulling Brit troops out of Afgh anyway, (US troops are none of my business) but as long as they're there they may as well give sweets and stuff to the kids..:)

The question is if that offer is actually genuine. It might just be another ruse of the Tlaiban to worm their way into even better positions and then take over again once everyone has become complacent and all troops have been pulled out of the country. I don't think the military "solution" we currently has been the best idea but the soldiers I spoke with have told me that most people are glad we're there. So we're doing at least some good. Still, the new Afghan government should be made into an institution that can take care of the country and its people WITHOUT us helping them. So the point "what happens when we're gone" is quite valid in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom